Beyerdynamic DT770 Owners please read
Nov 30, 2009 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ipumuk

100+ Head-Fier
hello dt770 owners,

the dt770 is famous for its bass and is recommended a lot to bassheads.

a lot of users even say they are too bassy.

when I listen to my dt770 - 80ohm I can not aggree at all.

the frequency response of my dt770s is extremly flat in the lower frequencies (20-500 hz). I would even like a little more.

I tested the frequency response with sinegen and i can not hear any peaks or loudness in the lower frequencies.

please download the software. start the program. press "power" and listen to the frequencies 20hz-50hz.

Quote:

By clicking the "Power" button and moving the frequency slider up and down, you will generate a sine wave that is smoothly sweepable by hand. Listen very carefully and try to determine where there are sharp, sudden increases in volume.

source

does the bass sound exaggerated or too loud in any way to you?

I know that there are many different versions of the dt770, so please tell us which one you got too.

I am wondering if that dt770-bass-tale is a myth or whether it is just my headphones that are different from the rest.

thank you for your effort.
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 7
I've never understood this "bloated bass" thing unless of course it comes from those with hearing deficiencies. But then again I still don't understand how so many 'usual suspects' are overhyped here and all over the web when they sound like dog poo to me.

The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (250ohms) are quite pleasing and balanced.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 7
DT770 is a bassy headphone. Try a Grado or Audio Technica AD900 or something like that. You will understand why it is said to be bassy...

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Among different dt770 models, there are big differences. Good idea to rename the thread dt770 pro?

edit.: sorry, at first I didn't notice you asking for opinions on other models... I've got the dt770 manufaktur 600 ohms. The bass is good, but there is not enough. I find it to be a wonderful headphone, but a bit too bright.

I also own a dt770m, and it's a different story (special design for drummers). Great isolation, ok bass quantity, but overall not very transparent and detailed.

Nov 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 7
lol, bass shy DT770/Pro80? there's something seriously wrong...all they can do is output way overblown bass and ugly trebles on top.

these are not meant to be used for music listening anyway, these are studio tools..

Nov 30, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 7
I agree with the author of this thread. I think the sibilant/shrill highs were far more prominent than any bass the 770 had. I even tried more than one pair and both times I could not understand the "bass monster" moniker. I have Westone 3 and had the senn ie8..both far exceed the 770/80 for bass quality and quantity imho. Also my ultrasone hfi-780 blew them away in the bass dept both quality and quantity imho. Sorry audiophiles...just stating my experience and tastes.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 7
How would you rate the DT770 Pro80 for listening to electronic (techno/trance/electronica/dance), rap, hip-hop/R&B, and rock centered listening? Would you say that the bass on them is so over powering you can't really "hear" the rest of the music? I am also very interested in the consumer DT770's. I would for sure get an amp, just not immediately after buying them. I listen from a Zune, but will probably listen from my computer too when I upgrade it. (games and music)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back