Beyerdynamic DT770 + Equalization = Awesome
Oct 19, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
that seems to follow the thinking that the midrange is a bit hidden in the beyers, which you eq'd up to the fore. recabling reveals the mids too, but also improves soundstage, detail and range. 'till then, eq away!

Do the 770s improve with recabling alone, or are you talking about the full mod with woodies and the works? Does Larry tweak the drivers if you just get the cables repalced?

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #19 of 22
this may be an old thread.... but still... this is what i got .... and i think it sounds pretty good on them!

Attachments

• eq.PNG
    eq.PNG
    11.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #21 of 22
Well I got my Beyerdynamic DT770's today. I was immediately impressed by them but the bass did indeed seem to really mask the mids and the highs were a little opressive. However, after applying equalization following the curve below I found them much more condusive to all kinds of music. Luckily my sound card has very good support for equalization as it doesn't tend to distort anything in the process (also 10% volume is loud and I don't get source distortion until around 75% so I have plenty of leeway). In their native form the beyers seem perfect for techno...but anything else loses lower mid clarity and gets grainy on the highs.

I listen to literally all genres of music, so for anyone else with beyers, try an EQ curve like this and see how you like it.

EQ.jpg
Hey,
I don't see your eq settings but I'm very interested

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #22 of 22
Well I got my Beyerdynamic DT770's today. I was immediately impressed by them but the bass did indeed seem to really mask the mids and the highs were a little opressive. However, after applying equalization following the curve below I found them much more condusive to all kinds of music. Luckily my sound card has very good support for equalization as it doesn't tend to distort anything in the process (also 10% volume is loud and I don't get source distortion until around 75% so I have plenty of leeway). In their native form the beyers seem perfect for techno...but anything else loses lower mid clarity and gets grainy on the highs.

I listen to literally all genres of music, so for anyone else with beyers, try an EQ curve like this and see how you like it.

EQ.jpg
Can I have your eq settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back