Beyerdynamic DT770-880 Quality Control?
May 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

funkoid

100+ Head-Fier
I've recently been trying to pick up a preowned set of DT770 or DT880 but compared to other models from what I'm reading, the failure rates are sky high particularly with drivers failing on either side.

I'll be honest and say it's totally put me off, am I panicking over nothing or am I correct in saying the have a tendency to fail?

May 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I've recently been trying to pick up a preowned set of DT770 or DT880 but compared to other models from what I'm reading, the failure rates are sky high particularly with drivers failing on either side.
I'll be honest and say it's totally put me off, am I panicking over nothing or am I correct in saying the have a tendency to fail?

I've bought 8 Beyer headphones and only one of them had a repair issue (and Beyer fixed them free of charge).
And I'm not overly genital with my headphones.

Unless you need to block noise, get the open DT880s

May 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 4

I've bought 8 Beyer headphones and only one of them had a repair issue (and Beyer fixed them free of charge).
And I'm not overly genital with my headphones.

Overly genital? I should certainly hope not!

The very idea.  

evil_smiley.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi,

To be honest I've used my DT-770 for over a year no problem, recently one side stared to break up, from time to time, till it died about a week ago. I suspected cable failure due to constant strain, till I've took them apart to fit replacement cable and measured the driver's with multimeter. Yeah... left driver's gone... any chance to get a replacement somewhere? I don't feel like replacing only one driver, best would be whole new pair.

Mind you I've never read or heard anything about failing drivers in DT770-880.. find out the hard way :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back