Beyerdynamic DT770/80 Pro VS M-Audio Q40
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Never used the M-Audio Q40's but I've gotta say, the DT770's are the dead-on winner for comfort; by far the best I've ever seen (Except for maybe Bose, but they suck)

The DT770's may have a way better frequency response but, I've gotta say, they'll never be great all-arounders. I only listen to Electronica and Hip-Hop, though, so they're perfect for me. I love the hard-hitting bass, honestly.

M-Audio looks like a better choice IMHO. DT770's aren't really revered as the best SQ for the price.

BTW: Change your signature, I don't think Head-Fi wants people advertising unless they're paying (Although I know you get "paid" for the advertisment)

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 3
The Q40's are great all-arounders. They have extremely solid, tight, deep, impactful bass that never drowns out the highs and mids. The highs and mids themselves and pretty neutral, I'd describe them as polite. They certainly aren't bad, but they are a little boring and neutral. The only thing I originally didn't like about my Q40's was the comfort. They clamp somewhat tightly at first, and their pads are much too thin. I solved both of these problems by buying Beyer Velour pads, which fit the Q40's perfectly, and stretching my Q40's headband over their box. I really love my Q40's now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back