beyerdynamic dt150 vs dt770 pro
Jul 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
perfect! they reimbursed my 1 day old Proline750 on the spot, and included the return shipping costs
smily_headphones1.gif

That's interesting, I have heard great things about the proline 750. What made you return them so quickly?

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #19 of 23
haha, I took a good look at them but eventually decided against it because they are so ugly and look really cheaply made.. that's what turned me off the ath-m50 as well. A friend of mine bought six pairs of m50 for his studio and they were all broken within two years. I have a feeling my dt150 will still be alive and kicking 20 years from now
L3000.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geissler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, I took a good look at them but eventually decided against it because they are so ugly and look really cheaply made.. that's what turned me off the ath-m50 as well. A friend of mine bought six pairs of m50 for his studio and they were all broken within two years. I have a feeling my dt150 will still be alive and kicking 20 years from now
L3000.gif

That's because studio phones are abused :p. Most people don't realize the value of studio headphones nor do they understand that you're supposed to baby equipment that isn't yours (blown studio amps T_T).

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 23
7 years later, here's an update for you. I've enjoyed my DT150s immensely and was able to produce good mixes on them reliably until I got a set of good speakers, but the headphones have kept on pulling their weight during evening sessions and for double-checking bass. Have listened to endless hours of music on them. They've been carried around in a backpack, pulled around, stomped on, the works. One problem: one of the drivers is slightly torn and produces a distorted sound under bass-heavy situations. I'm planning on seeing if Beyer can repair them, otherwise I'll buy another pair.

Can't recommend these cans enough. Happy listening :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #23 of 23
I use the dT-150 for mixing using a Steinberg UR22, the mk2 UR22 doesn't have as good an amp as the original, that said, the sound is excellent, neutral and as for comfort I've never had an issue

For bass guitar, I use AKG k-52, it captures the transient response without the mid bass boom in many headphones - the m50x I find is best for listening than monitoring, the best by M series by Audio-Technica for mixing is the m40x - another good set of cans are the underrated KRK-KNS-8400, the EarPods are memory foam and are super comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back