Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 Vs Sennheiser Momentum Circumaural Headphone
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

josin

New Head-Fier
My Current gear:
Source: Dell 3rd gencore I7 Laptop with properly configured ASIO Drivers in Foobar2000
DAC and AMP: Fiio E17
Headphone: Koss Pro DJ 100 ( Because of This I was forced to delete almost half of my MP3 collections....they revealed my source quality)

I am a Bass Head and I love to hear "Above and Beyond" – Bassnectar, "Titanium" – David Guetta, "Boom Boom Pow" – Black Eyed Peas ...kind of songs. So I am thinking of an upgrade From KOSS and after a lot of research I have narrowed down to 1)Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 and 2) Sennheiser Momentum Circumaural Headphone. The first one is more suitable to my pocket but I am willing to the second too if the circumstance warrants so. My priorities to choose these are 1. Quality in Bass > 2. Comfort for long duration. > 3.Build Quality > 4. Price
So Guys my questions are
1. Will My Fiio E17 be able to drive a 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic? or should I Go for the 32 Ohm version?
2. What are my other options?
3. Which one is better Beyerdynamic / Sennheiser Momentum?
please help me out Guys...

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 4
dt990 is an open headphone, naturally their bass won't be as strong as the close headphone. you would want to go with the dt770 80ohm if you want a beyerdynamic. 

sennheiser momentum on the other hand would provide with more accurate, flat and balanced sound. it is also more portable to be used along the road. 

another suggestion that i would give is v-moda m100. this pair is pretty amazing in the bass presentation and it's pretty much a tank with metal body and all that

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 4
  dt990 is an open headphone, naturally their bass won't be as strong as the close headphone. you would want to go with the dt770 80ohm if you want a beyerdynamic. 

sennheiser momentum on the other hand would provide with more accurate, flat and balanced sound. it is also more portable to be used along the road. 

another suggestion that i would give is v-moda m100. this pair is pretty amazing in the bass presentation and it's pretty much a tank with metal body and all that

I have no intentions to use headphones in the out. So open and big is no issue to me. I had considered V-moda ( as i had The LPs and i was so irritated with its thin ear-cups) but is not good on comfort IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back