Beyerdynamic DT 880 any good?
Sep 13, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by z-iron
Does anyone own/used one of these? Any info is appreciated! It got a good rating at HeadRoom... (5/5)

Hi z-iron,

Have you tried use the search function? I can asure you there are many many reviews/impressions/informations on them.

Overlunge

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 13
Also check the "Recommendations for Best headphones on the market" sticky at the top of this catagory.

And yes they are good...
880smile.png

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 13
Its like asking if Mercedes is good
biggrin.gif

Its definitely a luxurious headphone of stellar european quality, but
i have yet to hear it.
however, i have yet to hear any one say its less than awesome
orphsmile.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 13
Very good can, but like any other can in that price range... Its only as good as its amp... IMHO

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #9 of 13
Well, mine just arrived today, and my initial impressions (going on 1/2 hr listening time, mind, so please bear this in mind) is that it has a much more expansive sound than my other 'phones (MS-1s). They also seem better at picking out and resolving different instruments. Oh, and they're very comfy
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 13
I think the DT880 is one of the rare headphones where you don't have people complaining about how it sucks in some regard or other (veil, pain, no bass, painful treble, overpriced, whatever).

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
I think the DT880 is one of the rare headphones where you don't have people complaining about how it sucks in some regard or other (veil, pain, no bass, painful treble, overpriced, whatever).

I thought it sounded too neutral (ie. boring).
eek.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
I thought it sounded too neutral (ie. boring).

Yeah, ditto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back