beyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 OHM
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 7
I got the DT-880 32 ohm version some years ago, thinking that a large part of their use would be from portable and other low-powered sources. Having thereafter walked down the amp path - both stationary and portable - I am starting to regret I did not get the 250 or even the 600 ohm version.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to increase the impendance of the 32 ohm DT-880s to 250 ohms using a converter or something (like you can convert the 27 ohm Etymotic ER-4P to the 100 ohm ER-4S with an approriate converter)?

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Of course you can add resistors in between, but that will change the frequency response depending on the hps impedance curve -> not desirable.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 7
I have owned (and sold) 2003 dt880/250ohm, and also 2005 Manufaktur dt880/600ohm........also experimented by having a pair of Darths built with dt770/32ohm drivers. The upper mids and treble of the dt770/32ohm experiment were generally too bright for my ears. It did work well, however, when specifically paired with Xin Reference (v.B5). The most generally recommendable of the three would be dt880/600ohm. My fave is, however, X-Deep Darths built with dt770/600ohm drivers.

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi everyone, a newbie here. Just bought these headphones (Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition 32 Ohm), also thanks to relatively good reviews also here on this forum. I´m satisfied with the sound, however I sometimes feel that it lacks power in some situations, despite they are 32 ohms. I use it for mixing and critical listening with a Audient id4 interface. I´d like to ask one thing. I´m not much into understanding technical data, but these headphones has this data in the specifications: Power handling capacity: 100 mW. What does it mean? Is the max power they can handle? Isn´t it a bit too low? Can it happen, if I use them with a more powerful headphone amp, that they could be damaged? Should I take care about the specs of the amp before I use it with the hedphones?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back