Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm's Just Arrived!
Feb 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xluben

500+ Head-Fier
I got some Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headhpones today!  They were a gift from my brother (he has a pair).  I have wanted these headphones for quite some time.  I really like how comfortable they are, and I think they sound great.  He got them "refurbished" off eBay (not from Beyer directly).  They look great.  The writing on one side of the headphones is slightly scuffed, but other than that they look nearly perfect.  It appears they have new ear pads, a new headband pad, and a new cable.  I have no idea if the drivers are new or not, but they sound the same as the brand new pair he got a few months ago.

Here are a few photos.  The first one shows them plugged into my phone, but I really don't plan on using them for portable use.  They get adequately loud when the volume on my phone is maxed out, but the sound isn't anything special.  I plan to use them at home for listening to music and playing video games.  I have them plugged into the headphone output of my vintage Marantz 2240B receiver, and they sound great.  The difference between the phone and the receiver is vast.  The receiver sounds so much better, even at similar volumes.  And it can obviously get much louder, and really pump the bass!  The cable is the perfect length for playing video games.  I think they do very well for this use as well.  They are comfortable, and I don't anticipate having any issues wearing them for hours at a time.

Here are the photos:

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 2
After a couple weeks with these headphones, I still really like them.  They are nice and comfortable, and they sound very good.  I use them mainly for listening to music from my computer through the Marantz receiver, or for playing video games (also through the Marantz receiver).  I think they sound very clear and have very good bass.  The comfort is probably the best part, though.  I can wear them for hours with no problems.  The long cable is very convenient around my office.  I'm very happy with them overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back