Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 do i need an amp ?
Oct 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ilikedrumnbass

New Head-Fier
hey, i just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80's and i am wondering !   

do i need an amp to power them?

will they have bass with out one ? 

half awake post mind my adhd writing 

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 14
  Hey, I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80's and I am wondering !   
Do I need an amp to power them?
Will they have bass with out one ? 

As everyone on Head-fi has no idea what audio equipment you have, or that your going to plug the DT770s into, not easy to answer your question.

But yes, the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm headphones do sound their best when used with a headphone amplifier.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 14
Depends on your set up?, If you have a newer Mac (Home) or Macbook (Laptop), No amp needed. The Dac's inside are amazing and they put out A Lot of power. Ditto if you use a ipod, up until 3rd gen Nano, then it's iffy. You'll get volume for sure but newer ipods have less power. Like I said you get volume, but they won't reach full . Even a cheap E11 will do the trick. (Can't speak on PC based players or DAPs)

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 14
ok great i have a mac pro, thanks a bunch 

i was looking at the e12 also any big differences between them ? 
Yeah you'll be cool with your Mac Pro, Can't help ya with the amps :)

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 14
Depends on your set up?, If you have a newer Mac (Home) or Macbook (Laptop), No amp needed. The Dac's inside are amazing and they put out A Lot of power. Ditto if you use a iPod, up until 3rd gen Nano, then it's iffy. You'll get volume for sure but newer ipods have less power. Like I said you get volume, but they won't reach full . Even a cheap E11 will do the trick. (Can't speak on PC based players or DAPs)

+1
The Fiio E11 ($62.99, Micca combo) is the least amount of cash I think you should spend for driving the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm.
Also get a Fiio L cable ($10)to connect the Apple's LOD port to the line-input on the E11.
As long as your willing spend cash for an amplifier, might as well stick to the 80-Ohm.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 14
Good advice Purple, The 80's are easy to drive, no need to go "All Out" I'm sure a E6 would work too, But the E11 is better, you can change the battery etc....

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back