BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm OR Sony MDR-1A (which one please)
Dec 28, 2017 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JH.ALAN

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone, I own right now Audio Technica ATH-M30X, I feel the sound is excellent. I don't know what the quality of sound should be because is the most expensive headphone I have ever use. But, It's uncomfortable for me for more than half hour of use, it becomes really painful. I don't want to use Audio Technica anymore (Today I sell my ATH-M30X to CEX for 22 GBP voucher).

I have searched a lot on the internet and find that Sennheiser HD598 or 599 is the most comfortable, but it's open back, and I'm looking for a closed back. So I find Bose QC35 is the best, but it's work with battery and expensive for me. The same for QC25 work with battery and I don't like what most people say about the build quality. I ended UP with the following options:

BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 32 Ohm Its great and under budget for me sound great, but the 32 OHM come with difference ear-pad something like leather instead of Velour and some people says it's not as comfortable as the 80 OHM. so can I buy it and also purchase this pads from Amazon below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynam...fkmr0&keywords=Beyerdynamic+DT+770+Pro+32+OHM

or even this

https://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770_ohrpolster.htm

the cost of headphone on Amazon UK is £110.62, and the ear-pads is £22.50, so the total will be £133.12 my question is, will this work fine and the headphone become comfortable.

The second option is Sony MDR-1A Prestige Overhead Headphones - Black.

according to the reviews, this headphone is very comfortable, or even one of the most comfortable headphone and the price in Amazon UK is £129.00.

So what do you suggest? Actually, I don't care about the difference in the price because it's not that much big. And also, I'm looking for the headphone to serve me for a long time. Not for the music or that kind of stuff, watching movies and video tutorials on the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back