Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison
Jan 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #92 of 104
Hey,
Just looking into that eBay deal you spoke of... I have been spellbound by your writing!
Is it still available?
Thanks,
Ben

Thanks for the read!! The seller is Cobrasonics is the seller and they sell out of the DT770/80's super fast but they stock them in almost daily so I think they're out right now but just set up eBay alerts and you'll see it shortly

Here's the link

http://myworld.ebay.com/cobrasonics&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533

Good luck,

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #93 of 104
Hey,
Just looking into that eBay deal you spoke of... I have been spellbound by your writing!
Is it still available?
Thanks,
Ben

The DT770's have been restocked
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170971916921

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #94 of 104
I have recently picked up a pair of Sony MDR 1Rs and they have quite good bass, not too boomy, and also a really good sub bass extension on them as well, so you might want to check them out.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #95 of 104
Quote:
I have recently picked up a pair of Sony MDR 1Rs and they have quite good bass, not too boomy, and also a really good sub bass extension on them as well, so you might want to check them out.

Actually I just grabbed the new WS99's from AT and couldn't be happier. They have basically everything I wanted in a closed can. Comfy no clamp look great have amazing clarity and detail but are major slappers in the bass department. Super fast super aggressive bass but always in line and never trying to hard like the COP's and a lot easier to run and more neutral than the DT770's. 

I love em and may start to invest in other AT products if this is how their higher end stuff is. 

Thanks for the read.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #96 of 104
Ummm this review is really weird.
You do know COP has 4 settings?
Settings 1/2 and even 3 do not have a recessed midrange, I don't know what you are talking about. 770 has more recessed mids.
Settings 2 and 3 have tight punchy accurate lows.
Really inaccurate review.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #97 of 104
Quote:
Ummm this review is really weird.
You do know COP has 4 settings?
Settings 1/2 and even 3 do not have a recessed midrange, I don't know what you are talking about. 770 has more recessed mids.
Settings 2 and 3 have tight punchy accurate lows.
Really inaccurate review.

Well seeing that this was my impression of the COP I clearly understand why you don't understand it. My thoughts and opinions are exactly that. My own

The COP's that I had which were one of the first batches to be released were not very good. The bass was sloppy at slot 4 and not very good in slots 1-3. Felt weak and held back quite a bit. Clarity was nice along with the detail and soundstage which are obvious Beyer traits but the bass was a mess. It bottomed out very easily and was muddy and slow. The DT770's do have recessed mids (everyone knows this)  but the overall layout of the sound is miles ahead of the COP's IMO again I say IMO. 

Listen, tons of people think that Beats by Dre are the greatest headphones the world has ever produced and you know what, to them they are right! We all are entitled to out opinions and mine is that the COP's have the right idea but the wrong sound. If you like them and think they sound better that's awesome!! You have a great looking flexible CAN that suites your needs. Cheers. But that won't be the same for everyone just like my thoughts will not be the same for everyone either. It is what it is. 

Thanks for the read tho.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #98 of 104
Hey, I really appreciate your review and comparisons of both of these headset. Because I am currently searching for a higher quality headset for music, gaming, and movies, and I wanted to ask if your prefer these to the DT990s and or DT880s? I know you said you had the open back 990s and that is what I am on the fence with was this pair, the 250 ohm 990 pros, the Audio Technica m50 or a9000x, and the COP. From reading many reviews I have cut it down between the 770, 880, 990s I believe. I do not know if I prefer open or closed back and that is part of the problem the ones I have had to date have been close and I am fine with them. I just wanted to your opinion on this if you could help I would really appreciate it. I am less experienced with audio peripherals that I would like to be.

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #100 of 104
Oh those are sexy!! Problem is though, where do you find them?? At least here in the states it takes a bit of luck to locate the DT770/32's I would love to get my hands on a pair of those beast!!

I have heard that the 32ohm arent as dynamic and aren't as bassy and refined. But the mids are the best of them all I think.

Yeah I've heard similar things about the mids of the DT770 Pro 32 ohm Limited Edition. A 770 with less recessed mids would a great thing indeed.

Hi guys... Have any of you tried the 32 and 250 pro dt770 against the cops and 80ohm dt770s?

What do you guys think of a topping nx1 to power a dt770? Good or bad match? I am mostly going to use this gear on a ipad air 2 and a note 4.....

I am mostly a rock indie (stuff like thom york, metronomy, artic monkyes, maximo park, bloc part, biffy clyro)) pop (coldplay to ellie golding) and edm (old school tiesto, ferry corsten and above & beyond trance, prog stuff like guy j and pryda).... Would you guys recomend me the 32, 80, or 250 ohm version?

Usually i prefer low impedance headphones that dont need amps but is it me or the 32 ohm pro seems to be a softer sounding headphone than the 250 and 80 ohm versions?

My favourite headphones so far are the cal!, hd25-1 Ii, ath m50 and the over ear sennheiser momentum....

A little help please....

Cheers

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #101 of 104
I know this is an old thread. 

But it's interesting how you say that the highs are brighter on the COP than the DT770.
Looking at measurements from Innerfidelity, goldenears.net and headphone.com that's definitely not the case.

I would have liked to try out the DT770 for the comfort and bass, but the highs put me off. So I was hoping the COP had less hehe..

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #102 of 104
Well seeing that this was my impression of the COP I clearly understand why you don't understand it. My thoughts and opinions are exactly that. My own

The COP's that I had which were one of the first batches to be released were not very good. The bass was sloppy at slot 4 and not very good in slots 1-3. Felt weak and held back quite a bit. Clarity was nice along with the detail and soundstage which are obvious Beyer traits but the bass was a mess. It bottomed out very easily and was muddy and slow. The DT770's do have recessed mids (everyone knows this)  but the overall layout of the sound is miles ahead of the COP's IMO again I say IMO. 

Listen, tons of people think that Beats by Dre are the greatest headphones the world has ever produced and you know what, to them they are right! We all are entitled to out opinions and mine is that the COP's have the right idea but the wrong sound. If you like them and think they sound better that's awesome!! You have a great looking flexible CAN that suites your needs. Cheers. But that won't be the same for everyone just like my thoughts will not be the same for everyone either. It is what it is. 

Thanks for the read tho.

Thanks,

:evil:

Got a pair of custom one plus this week and i have had the 80ohm dt770 for a few months....

Yes the cops sound a bit colored and overly warm but i jad to admit o was expecting much worse.... Its like a slightly more colored and warm m50x with a tiny less punch and less agressive sound. I think they are quite evolving on terms of sound signature....

When compared to the dt770.... Well, the cops are definitly warmer amd more colored, the soundstage is bigger on the dt770 and IMO the highs and mids are a bit more pronounced and although not having as much bass, the dt770 has a tighter punch.

Technically i think the 770 is better but i wouldnt be surprised if many prefered the cops.... Despite all the flaws there is something inviting on their warm sound....

Having a haed time now to decide if i keep the cops or if i sell them and gets the hd25s and m50xs again....

My initial thoughts were to make a m50x, hd25 and dt770 collection but i got the cops and a pair of hd598 (not my cup of tea so far though....) for less than 70 euros each and therefore i had to try them.... :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #103 of 104
Just wondered what happens if you throw the COS in to this competition. Dont know if they are worth the extra money. T
Bang for your buck wise the 770 are almost unbeatable , but if the COS are the most similar cans with detachable cable and sliders, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back