Beyerdynamic dt 770 250 ohm, or 990 250 ohm for gaming?
Jun 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Niklas1120

New Head-Fier
Hey im new to the audio world as you may discover in this question:) I am a hardcore gamer im on the lookout for a new headphone. All i want is to immerse myself completly in my games and thats why i want a beasty audio solution:) i am looking at getting the Asus ROG Phoebus sound card which has a built in amp for up to 600 ohm. i need a headphone to pair with it and ive been looking at the Beyerdynamic dt 770 250ohm  pro and the dt 990 250ohm pro. im going to be using the dolby surround for most games but i want a good stereo quality aswell. My question: which headset is best for gaming and overall sound performance? sound leakage could be a problem with the 990 but if the sound i that much better than the 770 i would be able to live with it:)

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 8
Jun 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 8
If you want open then either DT 990 250ohm or HD 598. For closed DT 770 250ohm. Don't go over 250 ohm with a sound card I would feel.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Hey I'm new to the audio world as you may discover in this question:) I am a hardcore gamer I'm on the lookout for a new headphone. All i want is to immerse myself completly in my games and thats why i want a beasty audio solution:) i am looking at getting the Asus ROG Phoebus sound card which has a built in amp for up to 600 ohm. i need a headphone to pair with it and ive been looking at the Beyerdynamic dt 770 250ohm  pro and the DT990 250ohm pro. I'm going to be using the Dolby surround for most games but i want a good stereo quality aswell. My question: which headset is best for gaming and overall sound performance? sound leakage could be a problem with the 990 but if the sound i that much better than the 770 i would be able to live with it:)

I would much rather wear (listen) with my DT990s over the DT770s.
Are you in an area where your sound leakage could bother others, or outside noise can distract you?

If you need closed headphones, get the Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphone.
Digbuy is selling them for $179.99, plus tax (free shipping).

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Well i dont know how much sound leakage the dt990 produce. i game in my room which is right next to my brothers and i dont want to wake him up at night:)

i dont know the a900x, i just want the best sound for my gaming:)

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Well I don't know how much sound leakage the dt990 produce. i game in my room which is right next to my brothers and I don't want to wake him up at night:)

I don't know the A900X, I just want the best sound for my gaming:)

I guess it's just safer then to get closed headphones.

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 8
Well i dont know how much sound leakage the dt990 produce. i game in my room which is right next to my brothers and i dont want to wake him up at night:)

i dont know the a900x, i just want the best sound for my gaming:)

The DT990s would be the best choice for gaming since they are open headphones. :)

Do you have a set of closed headphones? Any set? If so, put them on your head and turn them up a little louder than you are likely to ever use the DT990s while your brother is asleep. Then take them off and set them so that the headphones are broadcasting into the air from where you will use them. Can you hear the headphones in your brother's room? If not, should be no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back