Filter: ON PK Fc 17 Hz Gain 3.5 dB Q 0.69
Filter: ON PK Fc 43 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 0.61
Filter: ON PK Fc 19961 Hz Gain -2.5 dB Q 0.1
Filter: ON PK Fc 911 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 1.52
Filter: ON PK Fc 7734 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 2.5
Filter: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain 1.5 dB Q 2.01
Preamp: -4.5 dB

Aug 2, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #3,992 of 4,801
I haven't tried it but it's supposed to sound quite different. I want the 1990's sound signature without the clamp. I have a spare looser headband from a an old broken DT770, so maybe I'll try it on the DT1990.

I did this headband swap. The looser headband from the DTxx0 Edition is exactly the same shape, just less rigid. The DT1990 feels perfect now and I can wear it for hours with no trouble. I use the Elite Velour pads but might give the B pads another try, which I previously found uncomfortable due to the clamp.

I'll have to get the Amiron disc covers too. I tried to order a pair from their website but could not check out, it only seems to be available in Europe. Can you buy it on their US website?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #3,994 of 4,801
They forwarded me to Consolidated Sound Services (service@consolidatedsoundservices.com), who have the parts. They charge $10 for shipping so I might get some other beyer parts from them too.

I also gave the B pads another try (with the looser clamp), and they are more comfortable now but still sound bad to me. They boost the low end but sound congested, like a closed headphone with a small soundstage. The Elite Velour and A pads are much better.

Aug 7, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #3,995 of 4,801
They forwarded me to Consolidated Sound Services (service@consolidatedsoundservices.com), who have the parts. They charge $10 for shipping so I might get some other beyer parts from them too.

I also gave the B pads another try (with the looser clamp), and they are more comfortable now but still sound bad to me. They boost the low end but sound congested, like a closed headphone with a small soundstage. The Elite Velour and A pads are much better.
Elite velour + amiron foam = 💕

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,996 of 4,801
A lot of work these past days... I have the amiron foam pads here now and will try them. I plan to listen to "Metallica - Black album" first without the foam pads and then with them installed. I loved Metallica albums with the T 1.3 and maybe the foam pads will give me a similar experience... I will report it here...

Aug 9, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #3,997 of 4,801
A lot of work these past days... I have the amiron foam pads here now and will try them. I plan to listen to "Metallica - Black album" first without the foam pads and then with them installed. I loved Metallica albums with the T 1.3 and maybe the foam pads will give me a similar experience... I will report it here...
Uhm, iirc, the T1.3 comes with the Amiron Wireless foams. (If they have a circular stitched area in the center, then they are the new ones)

EDIT: nvm, you didn't infer to own the T1.3

Aug 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #3,998 of 4,801
Uhm, iirc, the T1.3 comes with the Amiron Wireless foams. (If they have a circular stitched area in the center, then they are the new ones)

No they don’t, they’re completely different foams to account for the T1’s and T5’s angled drivers. I own the T1.3.

This is the T1.3 foam.

11310593.jpeg

11310596.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #3,999 of 4,801

I had the T 1.3, but sadly I had to return them because of comfort issues. For me, they are very special headphones that would complement a headphone collection if - in my case and others in the forum - we don't have the comfort issues due to the smaller pads :slight_frown:

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #4,000 of 4,801
Had been debating picking up these for a while - as stock seems to keep running out around me I ordered a pair today, should be here tomorrow :)

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #4,001 of 4,801
Elite velour + amiron foam = 💕

I got the Amiron foam set up, sounds great and improves transparency a bit. This is the perfect DT1990 now to me, with the loose clamp headband, elite velour and amiron foam. Now I have this, a DT990 with A pads, and a DT770 with B pads, and new leather headband pads on both. I like how you can mix and match the parts on all of these headphones.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #4,002 of 4,801
Really loving these so far - have some dekoni fenestrated sheepskin on the way and seeing if I can get the foam pads from Beyerdynamic Australia but to be honest the B pads sound just fine to me. Really enjoying the bass on these for an open back!

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #4,004 of 4,801
Really loving these so far - have some dekoni fenestrated sheepskin on the way and seeing if I can get the foam pads from Beyerdynamic Australia but to be honest the B pads sound just fine to me. Really enjoying the bass on these for an open back!

I got a pair of these via the Beyer Au distributor - just make sure you ask for two, they're sold as single units. I might be able to loan you a set +/- Dekoni Velour pads if you want to try them out.

Aug 18, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #4,005 of 4,801
I got a pair of these via the Beyer Au distributor - just make sure you ask for two, they're sold as single units. I might be able to loan you a set +/- Dekoni Velour pads if you want to try them out.

Thanks! I bought 4 units (couldn't have posted being more than the foam lol) which arrived today. Was pretty easy to switch over, will give them a listen later :) Dekoni pads are still on their way, should be here tomorrow. I was thinking of potentially buying some more (depending on how the fenestrated ones go), loaning would be better to start with - happy to reciprocate as well! I also have some other Beyer's hanging around (DT770 with Velour, Tygr, Custom One, T5p v2 w/ dekoni sheepskin) - will do some swapping/testing on the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back