Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Apr 2, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #2,884 of 4,782
Keep in mind though that it is not Newegg selling it. That is a third party seller on there, and not a well known one.
It's Electronics Expo, a well known chain store, and authorized reseller. (at least well known on the East Coast) On reddit, got feedback from several buying who received the current black box edition, and in new condition.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2,886 of 4,782
Hi there, I was thinking about this a "side" headphone on my collection, but I don't like the recessed mids... Is the dip on this quite pronounced for vocal music (Gregory Porter) for example?
The mids are recessed a tad on the B pads, and are spot on with the A pads and the Dekoni Elite Velour.

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #2,890 of 4,782
I highly recommend the DT1990 to anyone who listens to hard rock and heavy metal music. The headphone just attacks the music and hammers you with an energetic and engaging listening experience. I admit that the DT1990 is a little too bright for me without EQ, but only a bit. Once I put an EQ on it with mild adjustments, it sounds excellent.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #2,891 of 4,782
I highly recommend the DT1990 to anyone who listens to hard rock and heavy metal music. The headphone just attacks the music and hammers you with an energetic and engaging listening experience. I admit that the DT1990 is a little too bright for me without EQ, but only a bit. Once I put an EQ on it with mild adjustments, it sounds excellent.
This is what I’ve been saying all along about the DT1990’s and metal music :L3000:. The two go hand in hand!

Apr 5, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2,893 of 4,782
I don't know if you are a gamer, but if you are and use the Dt1990 you will be able to hear every single sound with nearly perfect positioning. I hear people hiding in the grass in the Battlefield V if they make the slightest movement. Also connect them to the TV/AV receiver and you are in for a treat with movies. The voices are very clear, the soundstage is great, separation, etc.

I have Battlefield V and soon the DT 1990 Pro. Would you mind telling me the in-game settings, if using VSS, A or B-pads, and EQ settings?

I am have an AE-5, AD900x, HD58X, and Modi3/Magni3. I am hoping the DT1990 pro will improve my experience because I can't pinpoint anything in-game.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #2,895 of 4,782
I have Battlefield V and soon the DT 1990 Pro. Would you mind telling me the in-game settings, if using VSS, A or B-pads, and EQ settings?

I am have an AE-5, AD900x, HD58X, and Modi3/Magni3. I am hoping the DT1990 pro will improve my experience because I can't pinpoint anything in-game.
I posted earlier in this thread what EQ I use with the A pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back