Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Aug 23, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #1,051 of 4,782
Aug 25, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,053 of 4,782
I was about to sell the DT1990 several times, but did not do it for several reasons including laziness. A few days ago I hooked them up the Sony WM1A. I was about to put them up on Ebay and just wanted to make sure if I really should sell them. I was amazed how good they are. Since the WM1A has both a balanced and a separate unbalanced amp from the same high quality, it can drive the DT1990 on a very high level. Btw, the coiled cable is my favorite as I can have the player in my pocket and can really work without the fear of loosing either the DAP or the headphones.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,054 of 4,782
Just got my 1990s coming from msr7, p7, t50rp, k701, t51p, hifi 350, shure 840, qc35. Its really something, obviously my fav from my set. Exciting and still detailed. Nice realism in the render and imaging. Was aiming at the elears but got this instead after i heard it i was instantly impressed.

Solid build and still something you can still use on the go even with its studio qualities.

Running through my wma1 + pha2a dac/amp combo nicely. Loving it.

Aug 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #1,055 of 4,782
Just got my 1990s coming from msr7, p7, t50rp, k701, t51p, hifi 350, shure 840, qc35. Its really something, obviously my fav from my set. Exciting and still detailed. Nice realism in the render and imaging. Was aiming at the elears but got this instead after i heard it i was instantly impressed.

Solid build and still something you can still use on the go even with its studio qualities.

Running through my wma1 + pha2a dac/amp combo nicely. Loving it.
Nice! Which pads are use using?

Sep 3, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #1,061 of 4,782
HD 700 vs Amiron Home vs DT 1990. Anybody?? Main points of comparison to be included :
Sound Fidelity
Vocal Presentation : which is more lusher and lively ??
Soundstage
Bass
Smoothness
I am already leaned on towards the amiron home for their laid back presentation but i'm also looking at hd 700's because at $400 deal price they are an absolute bargain. Thanks in advance

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #1,063 of 4,782
I tried my first Beyerdynamic headphones- Beyerdynamic T90. I borrowed it from a friend to get a feel of the treble. This was to make sure that when I eventually get my DT 1990, the treble will be something I can handle. The treble of the T90s don't bother me. However, I find the top end a bit too "noisy" because of the treble emphasis. Is it similar on the 1990s?

I have found a good deal on the Sennheiser HD 600s. Depending on your answers, I might jump on the HD 600 deal, or wait to save up money for the 1990s. I have listened to neither. My favorite genres are classical, soundtracks, jazz, rock (mainly Radiohead). What do you guys think? Thank you in advance.

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #1,064 of 4,782
I tried my first Beyerdynamic headphones- Beyerdynamic T90. I borrowed it from a friend to get a feel of the treble. This was to make sure that when I eventually get my DT 1990, the treble will be something I can handle. The treble of the T90s don't bother me. However, I find the top end a bit too "noisy" because of the treble emphasis. Is it similar on the 1990s?

I have found a good deal on the Sennheiser HD 600s. Depending on your answers, I might jump on the HD 600 deal, or wait to save up money for the 1990s. I have listened to neither. My favorite genres are classical, soundtracks, jazz, rock (mainly Radiohead). What do you guys think? Thank you in advance.
I used to own the T90, and I didn't get on with it at all. IMO, the treble was extremely sharp and pronounced, and spoilt the overall presentation of the music.
I now own the DT1990, and can say that it is much, much better than the T90. The sound signature is more balanced, and the sharp treble is absent. Yes, you could still describe the 1990 as a 'bright' headphone, but it is probably one of the most balanced headphones I have listened to. It's definitely a 'keeper'. In fact, I think that the DT1990 is better than the T1's (1st generation) I used to own. The T1 has a very pronounced upper mid-range, which doesn't go well with certain music genres, IMO. The 1990 is a great 'all rounder', and whatever you throw at it, it just sounds 'right'. I really recommend the 1990 :)

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,065 of 4,782
Hi,
I must say I wasn't so keen on headphones but the DT1990s are really gorgeous. Indeed I find them really balanced. I mean, the treble is here but likewise the bass and the midrange. Yesterday evening I listend to Schumann's Piano Concerto and the first movement of Grieg's Piano Concerto and the piano was really great! Dynamics are wonderful but they can retrieve the faintest detail of the recording. I'm really satisfied. I bet the HD600 are great headphones, but you can't go too wrong with these cans IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back