Beyerdynamic DT 1770 pro
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

geneX

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow forum members!

This will be my first review of a pair of headphones and also my first pair of good headphones.
Excuse me for not going to deep into the technical stuff, but this will be understandable for people like me (the people who only owned a gaming headset of some sort).

So what is the build quality like?

Some parts are from metal, others from plastic and the cushioning is from good quality fake leather. Real grain fed Kobe mechanized cow leather they told me. They clamp sturdy around the head and the leather cushioning on the ears and head is nice and soft. I have worn them for multiple hours in one session and they don't start to hurt at all, they rather disappear I would say. On this point its very hard to compare them with another set of headphones for me, but I can definitely say that they are very comfortable.

They have 2 sets of cables, a straight one and a coiled one if that's your thing (I use the straight one).
Also 2 sets of ear cushioning, one is fake leather and the other one is velours. I tried the velours ones and the leather ones, but I like the leather ones more... Whatever you prefer.

The sound, is it good?

I am running the headphones on my pc and the audio card I use is a ASUS Xonar STX at the moment.

As previously mentioned, I haven't owned a quality headset before and so I will have to compare them to the stuff I do have. I owned a pair of Razer barracuda headphones, Astro A40's and some other stuff not worth mentioning.

The first thing I noticed when playing some music is that it feels like the music is coming from multiple directions, not the surround kind of way but it sounds nice and full. When switching over to my Astro A40's I clearly notice that the music sounds a little flat compared to the Beyers. The lower tones sounds very good and crisp, they don't overpower the middle or higher tones like one of my headsets did. When you played bass heavy songs on the Razer barracuda's the bass would just rise above the rest of the music and the voice/instrumental part of the music was somewhat lost. The middle and upper tones are really clear and present, compared to my A40's I can hear different layers in the music more easily. Instruments, voices and other tones are separated allot better which makes the music sound allot cleaner.

The downside? I listen allot to youtube and some songs are just not of the right quality which makes it pretty hard to listen to. It's not like I am trying to act like I know allot of music because I own a better pair of headphones now, but some songs are just really hard to listen to because of distortion.

Last notes regarding my headphones.

For me this was a pretty big purchase, had a good deal on them and I took a gamble because of that. From the day I received the headphones (last Monday) I fell in love with them and I don't regret spending the extra buck. I haven't listened to any other headphones in this price range, if you got the chance to do it I would highly recommend! Because everybody has his/her own taste in sound.

Hope you guys enjoyed my review and found it somewhat helpful.

Have a good day :)!

20180703_154030.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back