Beyerdynamic Custom Studio?
Dec 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #17 of 73
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 73
I joted down some notes regarding the DT770-80s before they shipped out to the buyer.  I'll post some more thoughts later when I have some time.  If I had to describe in 1 phrase though the Custom Studios it would be "a more refined DT770".

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #20 of 73
Hello guys!
I bought custom studio 6 month ago with a fiio e18... Sound quality is very good...
In your opinion if i get a better amp or dac for this headphones will i receive much better sound experience(of corse with good quality songs)?

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #21 of 73
Since my Fostex THX00 arrived from Massdrop i've not been using my new Studio's so have put them up for sale.

Mint condition if you are reading from Australia and would like to try them.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #22 of 73
Hello guys!
I bought custom studio 6 month ago with a fiio e18... Sound quality is very good...
In your opinion if i get a better amp or dac for this headphones will i receive much better sound experience(of corse with good quality songs)?

I own this headphone, along with a Fiio E12 and Fiio E10K. I believe in spite of the 80 ohms, give it a little extra oomph with amping. The soundstage grows and some more details stand out in the stereo image. Slight improvement in the midrange.

This headphone performs very well for the price, yet always benefits from good sources and components. I replaced the stock cable of mine with an ADL iHP-35 II cable. Sturdy and cleans the midrange a little; vocals sound less tinny. Clarity improvement in imaging.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #23 of 73
I own this headphone, along with a Fiio E12 and Fiio E10K. I believe in spite of the 80 ohms, give it a little extra oomph with amping. The soundstage grows and some more details stand out in the stereo image. Slight improvement in the midrange.

This headphone performs very well for the price, yet always benefits from good sources and components. I replaced the stock cable of mine with an ADL iHP-35 II cable. Sturdy and cleans the midrange a little; vocals sound less tinny. Clarity improvement in imaging.

I agree and own the same Fiio E10K.  I also use a Creative X-Fi USB Go which does fairly well into 80ohm cans.  They sound very good but the E10K gives just a bit more.  Specifically it boosts bass quality a bit all the way around.  The midrange benefits from a nice bit extra in the low-mids and high-bass giving a bit more body.

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 73
I agree and own the same Fiio E10K.  I also use a Creative X-Fi USB Go which does fairly well into 80ohm cans.  They sound very good but the E10K gives just a bit more.  Specifically it boosts bass quality a bit all the way around.  The midrange benefits from a nice bit extra in the low-mids and high-bass giving a bit more body.

I put my E12 on high gain. I don't even bother with the E10k as the amp, only as my source. But putting E10k on high gain is still great.

Honestly, the Custom Studios do REALLY WELL at their price point. My next purchase would end up being something $800 and up.

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #25 of 73
Just got my pair of custom studios this afternoon. Initial impressions are what I expected, similar tuning to the custom one pro but with less bass at max setting and a bit brighter overall. I thought they used the same driver as the cop but from what I've read it's a brand new type so it will be interesting to see how these respond with a bit of burn in. I was very surprised by how comfortable these are, the cop was fairly comfortable but these feel even better. The headband padding seems different and the velour earpads might even be slightly different in size, whatever they've done is working very well, my big head and fussy ears are very happy right now.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #26 of 73
Just got my pair of custom studios this afternoon. Initial impressions are what I expected, similar tuning to the custom one pro but with less bass at max setting and a bit brighter overall. I thought they used the same driver as the cop but from what I've read it's a brand new type so it will be interesting to see how these respond with a bit of burn in. I was very surprised by how comfortable these are, the cop was fairly comfortable but these feel even better. The headband padding seems different and the velour earpads might even be slightly different in size, whatever they've done is working very well, my big head and fussy ears are very happy right now.

My guess is the DT770 80ohm driver but it could be a brand new design.  I'd love to hear these against the new DT1770 side by side.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #27 of 73
http://www.head-fi.org/t/776807/beyerdynamic-dt-1770-product-info-discussion-and-impressions/825#post_11997897

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #28 of 73
I just remember reading somewhere that said it was beyers first headphone using a new type of driver, supposedly lighter than anything they've made before. All I know is these are sounding pretty good, they don't seem to be using an angled driver but the soundstage is quite good, very open sounding while having great isolation and minimal leakage.
I have been using the ultrasone hfi-680 for my monitoring and mixing but the studios beat them when it comes to comfort and is on par when it comes to sound quality.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #29 of 73
I just remember reading somewhere that said it was beyers first headphone using a new type of driver, supposedly lighter than anything they've made before. All I know is these are sounding pretty good, they don't seem to be using an angled driver but the soundstage is quite good, very open sounding while having great isolation and minimal leakage.
I have been using the ultrasone hfi-680 for my monitoring and mixing but the studios beat them when it comes to comfort and is on par when it comes to sound quality.

I heard the extra thin membrane somewhere before. I really would like more technical info on the Beyer CS. It seems as if only now people are starting to realize this model exists..

How much of an upgrade is the DT1770 or even T1 from the Custom Studio. And is the Custom Studio anywhere in the same league or able to compete with the HD650? I honestly preferred it to the HE-400i, so I'd hope so.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #30 of 73
And is the Custom Studio anywhere in the same league or able to compete with the HD650? I honestly preferred it to the HE-400i, so I'd hope so.

I think so - love the HD600 sound,  just not the "open" thing.  These have that  sharp  imaging,  rich  sound too, just closed back and slightly easier to drive.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back