Beyerdynamic Custom Studio?
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

Brudda

New Head-Fier
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/custom-studio.html

Has anyone had experience with these headphones? I've googled and searched these forums for reviews or impressions of them, but no luck. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I couldn't find any impressions for them at all. Seems like only a few places even sell them.

Reddit had one thread mentioning a 250 ohm model, but these appear to be an 80 ohm model.

They appear to be Custom One Pros, but for studio use. The 80 ohm impedance is quite a bit higher than the Custom One Pros, so I'm wondering if they also sound different or have different drivers.

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 73
Here's a thread about the new Beyer releases: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669824/upcoming-beyerdynamic-headphones-custom-one-tesla-custom-one-studio-t51p-and-amp-a20. Perhaps there is some mention of them there :)

You might ask here to see if anyone knows how they differ from the Pros: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633413/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-review

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 73
Here something, but german: http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=15516&postID=29#29

TL:DR:
- Soundquality is BETTER than a DT 770 Pro (which is better, than Custom One Pro!). Tighter bass, better mids.
- Doesnt sound thaaat great, if the dac/amp isnt very strong, but if its a halfway decent amp, it improves quite a bit
- He found the treble slightly raised, but still very realistic
- Mids also very realistic and authentic. Higher mids/treble might sound slighly bright~
- Bass quite tight  and punchy, does not play into the mids (like some other boomy headphones, where bass overshadows the mids)

- first slider position: Very low bass
- 2nd: slightly below DT880, or similar
- 3rd: a tad more
- 4th: Similar to a Sennheiser HD 650. So can be a basshead if needed. (dont mistake that. Its not a layback chilly headphone like the HD 650, its more analytical, but bass amount can be comparable~)

- Someone found he is GREAT for female focals like katie melua, diana krall, alicia keys, etc
- Headband pressure seems a bit "solid" (not that loose like the editions. But could have guessed since "studio")

The Custom Studios only exist in 80 Ohm. There is no 250 Ohm that i know of.

Hope that helped :3

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 73
Hey guys.... Need a little help here....
I already have a pair of m50x anda a pair of dt770 pro 80s.... I lovr them both but now i have the cance of getting a pair of custom obe pro studio for 70 euros....
Do you guys think its worth it? My favs so far are still the hd25s and the momentums in tetms of sound quality ever....

Had anyone compared the nee pro studios to any of these 4 headphones i mentioned?

Cheers.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 73
Holy fok man, buy it. Blind. lol
Even for 200€ i think it's one of the best closed headphones you can buy. But for 70? This is like a Dream. 

Like i said, compared t your DT 770, "tighter bass, better mids", so it can most probably completely replace your DT 770 Pro. Which you can sell for easy More than 70€.

Even if you dont find them better, its 70€... Thats like 35% of the new Price.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 73
For 70 Euros you can do nothing wrong.
The bass on the first stage is almost non existent. You can increase it in 3 more steps but you will definitely loose transparancy with every one of them.
So it is always a compromise and you will end up using this switch with every song.
I think the best buy of the Beyers is the 990 (which is open) but it only has a bit less bass then the Studio on the highest bass level but still much more transparency.
So if you don't mind an open headphone, I would recommend you the 990.

Oct 17, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 73
Holy fok man, buy it. Blind. lol
Even for 200€ i think it's one of the best closed headphones you can buy. But for 70? This is like a Dream. 

Like i said, compared t your DT 770, "tighter bass, better mids", so it can most probably completely replace your DT 770 Pro. Which you can sell for easy More than 70€.

Even if you dont find them better, its 70€... Thats like 35% of the new Price.

@hidehawk

It seems almost to good to be true right?
There is a catch though.... i live in oporto and the guy lives on lisbon... so 300 km means i cant try them myself.... i have 2 choices... i risk it and tell the guy to send them by mail or i find someone in lisbon to buy them for me but anyway i wont be able to test them....

I never tried the regular cop or the studio so it really is a blind buy... i dont want less bass than on the 80ohm dt770 pro and even for me those lack a little of the impact that i like on the hd25 and m50x.... i would hate if it sounded close to something like a akg k550 (to me thats steryle sound)...

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #9 of 73
Really not much on these guys.  From just this brief review, I'm taking a chance.  Just sold my DT770 Pro 80s and bought a pair of these second hand.  It'll be interesting to see how they compare.  I wonder if they use the same drivers.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 73
My new Custom Studios arrived yesterday.

Pads are a lot better than the Custom One Pro, the main reason I bought these is because the COP pads were uncomfortable for me when I tested them.

Bass is reduced slightly compared to the COP. I have all the ports open and it sounds similar to the COP with one hole closed. The COP with all holes open was not usable anyway unless it was just for fun (crazy bass wub wub).

I think the treble is slightly tamed also compared to the COP. Maybe it will loosen up after a few more hours.

Need to turn my amp up louder to get the same volume out of it so might have troubles running straight from a phone/tablet.

Overall it is very similar to the Custom One Pro but for the pads alone I am glad I got the Custom Studio.

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 73
This video(@2:57) also compares them to the Custom One Pro's as well but briefly mentions the DT 770's as being closer in sound signature.

Not much being said about these and I might be heading to Guitar Center to try and see if I can hear these with my own source. GC has them for 200USD not even close to the 70€ deal you had but still worth it IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back