BeyerDynamic confort
Feb 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
Good lord and i tought my HD580 were confortable!
I got them for a friend of one of my friend who don't have the money to buy them anymore
blink.gif

And i got to pay the customs cause it was the first time my seller did an international transaction
blink.gif

So i paid a whooping 200$ CAD for something i didn't need in the first place
blink.gif

But do i care? Not realy, because before i couldn't listen to music for long periods of time with headphones on because i got quite big headache and now this i a thing of the past!
These headphones are sooooo comfy i could wear them all day and not care, they tend to completly disapear after a while.
With the HD580 i always had the sensation that they were there gripping my skull like a monkey helper.
Sonycally i ain't sure wich between the HD580 and the 880 i prefer, but the Beyer sure aren't bad at all.
They created the Sennheiser Veil that so much people talk about but at the same time they seem to trebleish for me.
The moment of truth will come when ill receive my newly acquired PPAV2 with bass boost, if the bass boost give them ennuf weight then the HD580 will be on sale
580smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 25
I have long felt that Beyer DT770/880/990 are the most comfortable headphones there are, and this goes a LONG way to making them enjoyable!

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have long felt that Beyer DT770/880/990 are the most comfortable headphones there are, and this goes a LONG way to making them enjoyable!

X2....love my 990's
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #4 of 25
I hope they won't control my mind like they did to you Skylab but they are certainly enjoyable, the more i listen to them the better they get...hey i must have a magical ear device that turn good headphones to GREAT one...or is it something else? If someone know that should be you Skylab
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 25
Beyers are GREAT headphones. They are so entertaining. I don't need analytical headphones for listening music. I need phones that make me smile.
biggrin.gif

Right now, I'm smiling like I'm in a toothpaste commercial while having them connected to a borrowed X-Can V3.

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope they won't control my mind like they did to you Skylab but they are certainly enjoyable, the more i listen to them the better they get...hey i must have a magical ear device that turn good headphones to GREAT one...or is it something else? If someone know that should be you Skylab
tongue.gif

Yep, I am a total Beyer fanboy. But here are headphones I own, or did own, that I didn't like as much as the 06 Beyer DT990:

> Senn HD650, HD600, HD595, HD590

> AKG K701, K601

> AT W1000

> Sony SA 3000

> Grado HF-1, GS1000

That's just the ones I remember
icon10.gif

Of course, this is JUST MY OPINION - many other people will prefer these to Beyers. Just not me
orphsmile.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 25
Nice to hear that the beyer's have helped your listening experience for the better.

I too find the beyers to be the most comfortable headphones I have ever used. There's not one thing about the comfort that I don't like, which is something that can't be said about any of the other headphones i've tried.

Feb 14, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 25
I will also add that my Darth Beyer's were unbelievably, supremely comfortable, and light too. And apart from my old Senn HD480's, which I have owned since time immemorable, I have had no other headphone experience to compare from.

Feb 14, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 25
Beyers and AKG are both very comfortable, but the AKG headband is by far the best headband on the market. Combine that with pillow soft pads like the Beyers, the low weight of the AKGs and AKG is the hands down winner. Beyers are a very close second.

Feb 14, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 25
that old pair of DT990/250 Pro I had were the comfiest cans I had ever felt. I want them back...

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyers and AKG are both very comfortable, but the AKG headband is by far the best headband on the market. Combine that with pillow soft pads like the Beyers, the low weight of the AKGs and AKG is the hands down winner. Beyers are a very close second.

Funny you should say that, because I find any varible headbands very uncomfortable (AT, AKG, etc). I much prefer fixed headbands.

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 25
I did not really think of my SR60s as uncomfortable until I got my DT990s. I have only had them for 1 week, and have already had several 3 hour+ sessions. My wife, who takes a semi-mocking interest in my hobby, put them on and said "oooh soft". Grey velour ruuuuuuules!

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 25
My DT990s came in the mail just today and I've been listening to them non-stop since they came. I have never felt anything so comfortable on my head! Also, the sound quality is the best I have ever heard (because these are my first pair of hi-fi headphones, and my first head-fi purchase). I'm running them un-amped straight from my X-Fi in my computer and it sounds excellent. I'm still playing with my EQ settings to try to get the best sound possible from them. Do you think I should wait until after about 50 hours, when they are well broken in, to start playing with that stuff? How much does the sound on the DT990s change from brand new to broken in? Sorry to jack the thread, but this is sort of relevant.

And why don't we have a
beyersmile.png
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back