BeyerDynamic confort
Feb 14, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you should say that, because I find any varible headbands very uncomfortable (AT, AKG, etc). I much prefer fixed headbands.

I guess just like anything its preference, but I do find it a bit strange that you find it uncomfortable. I cant even feel the headband, where as I can feel the beyer headband, but it is comfortable as well. It just doesnt disappear like the AKG.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #17 of 25
The DT770/80 was my first proper headphone; the pads were nice, velor and wide to accommodate the ears, but I thought they had too much of a vice grip. I suppose if I kept them long enough or stretched them (which I did mind you, but I guess not long enough) they would've gotten alright. AKG's are great, but AT's do it for me, with that wing system, they just disappear when you wear them. I guess it's all just a preference.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #18 of 25
OP spelled comfort wrong.

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #20 of 25
I think Beyer makes the most comfortable headphones, on average, of all the major manufacturers. I've not worn a Beyer that I'd rate any lower than 7/10 in comfort, and I can't think of any other manufacturer I'd say that of. Audio-Technica's top lines (A, AD, W/L) all do very well in comfort, but some of their lower phones are pretty lacking. Sony has made some dandies for comfort (CD3k, SA5k, R10, 010) but plenty of duds as well (V700, oweeeee!).

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #21 of 25
No doubt, Beyer comfort FTW!

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
strange that you find it uncomfortable.

When I say uncomfortable, I mean having to keep adjusting the headphones on my ears when I move my head around. Everytime I move my head quickly I notice I have the headphones on....... and that gets annoying. I like ones that stay put when I look down (such as when writing out homework), etc.

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 25
DT880s (2003 ed) are the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

My Grados are the least, but they sound so good, I don't care.
rs1smile.gif

My HD650s still try to clamp me to death (not good). But my 580s, I have fallen asleep wearing them. Very comfy.

K501 and K701 are both very comfortable. A little heavy though (just a tad)

Feb 14, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #24 of 25
My most comf cans are DT100. I just love those earpads (and they are bigger than DTxx0). However, the DT150 pads are thicker, so I would like to repace them within this year.
On the 2nd place are my DT770PRO. I love to wear them almost as my DT100s.
Beyers are most comf I ever used.

Feb 14, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tisk, tisk. Now Skylab, you have to remove those HF-1's from your list because you Beyer'd them into ultracomfortability. What do ya think of dem apples?!?

tongue.gif

100% true - Headphile C-pads are THE way to solve the grado comfort problem. Stock Grados are about the LEAST comfortable headphone there is. Too bad, since they sound great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you should say that, because I find any varible headbands very uncomfortable (AT, AKG, etc). I much prefer fixed headbands.

Agree 100%. The pads on AKG cans are comfortable, but the Beyer headband itself, and the mechanism, make them more comfortable IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back