Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
May 12, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #107 of 784
They are pretty much identical with DT1770Pro, same size. Getting mine next week here in Germany. I had Aventho Wireless before and comfort is the reason I am changing to over-ear. I liked the sound even on the HighEnd event which was very noisy.

May 12, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #109 of 784
No, I plan to use it as wireless primarily for now. I understand it also comes with a headset cable, meaining it will be possible to use it for calls/skype. I am used to DT1770Pro with a separate microphone for a LOT of calls daily (3-4h a day). Also multi-point bluetooth is supported. For me this is the most versatile working beast for both music and daily business use after Momentum Wireless which was not very comfortable.
Another use-case I plan is TV with AptX LL, I have bought a cheap sender/adapter for my AV receiver which connects via toslink.

May 13, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #111 of 784
Actually I just checked, it was over-ear and for me it was not comfortable, the clamp was applying pressure on the top of my head and I was feeling both steel rods inside... Comfort is always very subjective and it's extremely hard to get it right for all head sizes and forms. Beyerdynamic has a very cushined approach whuch works well for me.

May 13, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #112 of 784
No, I plan to use it as wireless primarily for now. I understand it also comes with a headset cable, meaining it will be possible to use it for calls/skype. I am used to DT1770Pro with a separate microphone for a LOT of calls daily (3-4h a day). Also multi-point bluetooth is supported. For me this is the most versatile working beast for both music and daily business use after Momentum Wireless which was not very comfortable.
Another use-case I plan is TV with AptX LL, I have bought a cheap sender/adapter for my AV receiver which connects via toslink.

I actually been using momentum 2.0 full cups for few years with my TV and they sound great and pretty comfortable and I have a big head. I been using these all weekend and they sound very good overall, even better than momentum's.

for skype though, i highly recommend using headset with a boom mic and 2.4ghz wireless instead of BT. I did some tests with these and momentums and bunch of others and 2.4ghz easily beats it. Clarify is amazing, people even sound better through skype than real life, lol...

May 14, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #113 of 784
What I usually try to achieve is to reduce number of devices and introduce some kind of universality without sacrificing sound quality. I definetely agree that bluetooth us still sub-optimal for calls as it introduces latency that's why I prefer wired headsets. And good for you that you like the fit and comfort of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless but I do like Beyerdynamic fit significantly better.

May 14, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #114 of 784
Not to get off track on this thread, but totally agree with the aim to reduce devices and the path to universality but I've found it's worth jumping through some hoops on my end to ensure that my voice is picked up well on calls -- helps me make my points :wink: For that reason, I rely on Apple AirPods for wireless, and in the office I use a wired Sennheiser USB headset (SC 30 USB). The wires are certainly annoying but like I said, it's worth it for the sake of the other people on the call.

May 14, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #117 of 784
But back to Amiron Wireless: anyone else out there with early real-world impressions? Agree with my findings earlier in this thread or not so much?
Do you have the DT 1770? Wondering how they compare. I just bought and returned 6 pairs of Bt headphones (aventho, I tech H2, psb m4u 8, beats wireless 3, crossfade 2, and mdr 1000x mk2). The crossfade 2 and the mdr 1000x were the only ones that competed with my Logitech Ue 9000, which is a compromise compared to my 1770's, but the 1770S are amazing. Just a/b'd with the mdr 1000x and the 1770. 1770 killed it. Better bass and crispness, but that was wired vs Bt. Sort of cheating

May 14, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #118 of 784
Do you have the DT 1770? Wondering how they compare. I just bought and returned 6 pairs of Bt headphones (aventho, I tech H2, psb m4u 8, beats wireless 3, crossfade 2, and mdr 1000x mk2). The crossfade 2 and the mdr 1000x were the only ones that competed with my Logitech Ue 9000, which is a compromise compared to my 1770's, but the 1770S are amazing. Just a/b'd with the mdr 1000x and the 1770. 1770 killed it. Better bass and crispness, but that was wired vs Bt. Sort of cheating
I do NOT have the 1770s, but I do have 770s and 1990s. I feel the Amiron holds up really well to the 1990s, taking into account the open vs. closed construction. I elaborated more on that in an earlier post in this thread.

May 14, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #119 of 784
I do NOT have the 1770s, but I do have 770s and 1990s. I feel the Amiron holds up really well to the 1990s, taking into account the open vs. closed construction. I elaborated more on that in an earlier post in this thread.

I've also got a Beyerdynamic 'problem' of my own
196.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back