Beyer Pad Mod for Sony V6
Mar 30, 2005 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

dmb367

100+ Head-Fier
I Just bought a pair of Beyer Pads for my V6's and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a guide to swap them or maybe a link to directions on how to?

thanks in advance!

lambda.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 17
Ive swapped pads numerous times on my V6... You just gotta tug/pull them off... gently of course. the pads are elastic to a small degree and will stretch. There is no clamp mechanism or adhesive.

Garrett

Mar 30, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 17
great news, thanks garrett

cant wait for these to come!

EDIT

NEW Question

the pads came, got them on ok, but they isnt a felt backing to the pad like the stock ones had. AKA my ears are have a straight line to the silver plating. How can I fix this?? Or can I?

blink.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 17
You can use felt or something similar from a fabric store and use the original pads as a template for the shape. You can also cut the backing off the original pads, but I personally wouldn't in case you decide you want to go back to the stock pads for any reason. I do wonder if there is an ideal fabric to use, though, as different densities in fabrics can affect the sound.

I've been thinking of putting the beyer pads on my sonys as well, since I get oil from the side of my face on the stock pads, and keep needing to wipe them off after long listening sessions. Are they any cheaper than about $24-26?

Apr 7, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb367
got them from here

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=313962&is=REG

got em for 23.95 with 3 day shipping included

they feel ALOT better, they are a little thicker too so I think they seal a little tigher...

600smile.gif

Out of stock, but I'll vouch for the store. I purchased a small Pelican case with foam insert from them a few weeks back for my amp and mp3 player. Things arrived on time, and packed decently. -g

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 17
If you call "Location Sound" in North Hollywood, USA, they sell the foam disc's that work with the Beyer pads. They cost about $1.50 each. Asked for Dave in Parts.

- augustwest

Apr 7, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #12 of 17
I personally peeled off the foam padding that covers the drivers and when putting the beyer pads on somehow managed to keep the foam pads intact...for the most part
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Out of stock, but I'll vouch for the store. I purchased a small Pelican case with foam insert from them a few weeks back for my amp and mp3 player. Things arrived on time, and packed decently. -g

must have got the last pair
blink.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the V6 become circumaural when beyer-ed? Mine are currently supra for me.

No. The pads and ear cup size will be the same size. If you have large ears you'll have the same problem.

I do own the V-6 and they have the Beyer pads. I don't have them listed in my sig though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back