Beyer DT770/80 Sibilant/Rattle
Apr 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

does the frequency response of the dt 770s change so much with the different impedance versions? i was under the impression than high impedance is good for recording studios because that way many people can have their headphones plugged in without the need for alot of voltage/current/whatever it was. also, less sensitivity to hiss and noise? i admit (and its evident) i didnt research that much on the subject, but i fail to see how high impedance headphones are less forgiving...

The frequency response does change, yes. High impedance headphones aren't less or more forgiving. You can say nothing based on impedance. But in this case I thought that you were trying to say, that the 250 ohms version is less forgiving than the other version. Guess I misunderstood you 

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
It's just that sibilance is notorious in the DT range. Try the M-Audio Q40. Very bassy, but with a more refined sound, and no sibilance. The HD650 won't have the bass you're looking for. 

thanks, but i already got the m-100. your confusing me with the op. i was just defending the dt 770s, thats all =]

Quote:

The frequency response does change, yes. High impedance headphones aren't less or more forgiving. You can say nothing based on impedance. But in this case I thought that you were trying to say, that the 250 ohms version is less forgiving than the other version. Guess I misunderstood you 

i think your confusing me with Stine. he said that the high impedance 770s are less forgiving, and i asked him to explain himself, because it made no sense to me, so i guess you and i actually agree XD

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 23
^It does make sense. It is possible that the 250 ohm version is less forgiving than the other versions, but it isn't necessarily. Not that I know if it is the case

Apr 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 23
i went to the shop and try out hd598, seriously the bass is lacking. not suit my taste. Not sure about hd650.
i still remember the first time i try out dt770, i fall in love in 5mins. The bass is good except there is a little abit of hiss which is still acceptable.

i also compared 80ohm to 250ohm, i feel 80 version sounds brighter while the 250 version are more balanced and darker alil bit, maybe a better amp than E11 can make it sounds better. Personally i prefer brighter sound that is why i go for 80 version.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
^It does make sense. It is possible that the 250 ohm version is less forgiving than the other versions, but it isn't necessarily. Not that I know if it is the case

if, for arguments sake, the 250 ohm version is less forgiving, would that be because of its signature, or because of its high impedance?

Quote:
i went to the shop and try out hd598, seriously the bass is lacking. not suit my taste. Not sure about hd650.
i still remember the first time i try out dt770, i fall in love in 5mins. The bass is good except there is a little abit of hiss which is still acceptable.

i also compared 80ohm to 250ohm, i feel 80 version sounds brighter while the 250 version are more balanced and darker alil bit, maybe a better amp than E11 can make it sounds better. Personally i prefer brighter sound that is why i go for 80 version.

the dt 770s scale very well. the better the amp ypu use, the better they will sound. thats what i hear around this forum, and that what i experienced when i upgraded from a cmoy to an O2.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

if, for arguments sake, the 250 ohm version is less forgiving, would that be because of its signature, or because of its high impedance?

^Because of its signature!

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:
^Because of its signature!

alright then! were in agreement that impedance has nothing to do with sensitivity! we just had a long argument while actually agreeing with each other, and all because of a guy who only made one post and most likely wont make a 2nd one 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

i also compared 80ohm to 250ohm, i feel 80 version sounds brighter while the 250 version are <..> darker alil bit

Actually it's completely opposite. 

80 is bassier by great amount. 
250Ohm is brighter, and like you said, possibly slibinant. 

And it does not mean that any HP with higher impedance will be brigther... It's just how it turned out to be with DT770.

Either way you are experiencing placebo (in this case you should stop thinking about slibinance 
biggrin.gif
) or you used different sources as you are saying that apple tastes like oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back