Beyer DT-770 PRO vs Sony 7506 Purchasing Help!
Oct 4, 2007 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Takonic

New Head-Fier
Well I heard raving good reviews for both...but My fellow friends say that the 7506 is not as durable and very flimsy comparing it to grados....But I was at Steves music store trying out both the DT-770s and 7506 ...and couldnt decide....I love both of their sounds...for both portable/home use equally....I only went witht he 7506 because of the bass impact felt strong + price? O.o but I keep fearing the flimsyness and Should I exchange them for the 770s? I dont having extra luggage for portability..shouldnt need to take em off :p .....

also what is the difference betweent he 80 ohm vs 250 ohm?

*note ppl say that the beyers..need some amp...thats prob why they sound worse when trying...if i were to get a port amp..would they be better? Im lookin into a lower cheap amp like...a Ibasso T1

Oct 4, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 14
up
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 14
The Sony V-6 is same sound quality as the 7506, cost less, doesn't need an amp to sound good, and mine seems quite sturdy to me.
Try one and see for yourself.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 14
I have both the VR-6 and 7506. VR-6 sound is essentially the same as the 7506. My VR-6s are very old; they have been quite durable but the pads that go around the ears could use replacing - I've been thinking that for about five years though. They are the only headphones that the piano player in my band can tolerate for listening to the piano through headphone. They work well unamped.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also what is the difference betweent he 80 ohm vs 250 ohm?

The 80 has more bass, but still requires amplification like the 250. Imo its a silly question asking which is better since you've heard them both in person. We don't know what sounds better to you
smily_headphones1.gif
. If you seriously can't decide based on sound, then pick the one thats more comfortable
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 14
yeh I did try both on, BUT I didnt have a amp on me...so I dont kno which one can go the distance...

sure the 7506 did sound amazing, but I didnt get to hear the 770s at medium potential..I am a basshead, I heard promising bass from the 770s...So I ordered a amp...so after amping for a basshead....770? or 7506? btw I wanted to know because of the exchange policy will run out b4 the amp arrives...They dont seem to have a amp at place I could test with

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 14
The 7506 isn't built flimsy at all. I have a pair of MDR-V6 (which is essentially the same as the 7506) for nearly 4 years and it hasn't fallen apart on me. As far as amping the DT770, you will get a deeper bass with more slam than the 7506.

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you seen the video of a car driving over the DT770's?

blink.gif
I don't quite follow you, I am afraid. Am I missing something?
blink.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #11 of 14
In terms of durabillity, the V6s definitely beat out Grados. My Alessnadro MS-1s (same Grado design) is much more delicate than the V6s, which is built like a tank.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I heard raving good reviews for both...but My fellow friends say that the 7506 is not as durable and very flimsy comparing it to grados....But I was at Steves music store trying out both the DT-770s and 7506 ...and couldnt decide....

I own both (the 80 ohm 770s and the 7506) and have used them for quite a while. I am convinced that the Beyers are a much better headphone with extended highs, transparency, bass response, soundstage and long term wearing comfort all over the Sony's. I picked the Beyers over the Sony's for my office system driven by a Chaintech A-710 (no amp). Later I added a iBasso D1 and am now in heaven. I recently gave the Sony's to my son.

I think that the Beyers benefit more from amplification, but that is not surprising - the better the headphone to begin with the more it benefits from an improved audio chain.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 14
I brought my Sony V6 second hand and they have lasted me over 3 years. The only part wrong was the flaky pads. However, once I changed them for Beyer DT250 velour pads it was a big improvement in comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back