Beyer 770 dt crackle
Apr 29, 2010 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SLUSHIE

Head-Fier
I'm not sure how old they are, maybe 3 years, but I've noticed that the right side now makes a crackle sound. I actually haven't used them in months because its so annoying.

I'm no tech or anything, but I opened them up, and to me I see no issues. No tears or anything.

What can I do about this? It's really unfortunate that these $200+ headphones no longer work properly after what is relatively a short period of time.

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 7
It might need some re-soldiering. I think there's a specific category here on head-fi that specialize in this kind of stuff.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 7
I didn't see any hairs in there. From my understanding the white tissue like paper isn't the actual driver, and I don't see how hair could really get through that.

As cor the cable, the jack its solid, it cant be opened or anything, so I dont see how the joint would loose connectivity inside there.

It has to just be that the driver is screwed up, which sucks, because from the repair form I looked at it seems like it would be at least $85 to have it repaired, which just seems like a lot of money since its almost half the cost of a new one.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLUSHIE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the cable, the jack its solid, it cant be opened or anything, so I don't see how the joint would lose connectivity inside there.

A quick tug or a pull can cause an intermittent short. If the driver does need replacing, you might as well have Beyer handle it directly, as it was over $100 to get a pair of drivers from them last time I took care of a repair. But without anyone checking out the headphone, all one can do is speculate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back