Beware of this Ebay Seller......
Jan 27, 2004 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
I recently have bought dvd's worth of 3 seasons of UK"s Coupling from the seller tnt.seller. After winning the auction, I paid through Paypal and asked the seller to e-mail me when she has shipped the DVD's. A couple days later I still haven't received any emails, so I e-mailed her aksing when my dvd's will be shipped. She then replied saying that she did not have the items in stock and it will 2-3 weeks for it to come and ship it out to me. What!!! She could be stringing me along for 3 weeks of waiting for the item to be shipped and another week for the item to be shipped to me. 4 weeks!!! Of course that convientlys comes close to the end of Paypal proctection plan of 30 days.

For now I decided to wait until the final days of the Paypal buyer protection service to end before I do anything else. But what pisses me of the most is that the seller is continuing to auctioning of the DVD's I purchased, knowing that she does not have it in stock. Of course I took the liberty of warning every potential buyer, beyond that I don't think theres much I can do. Any suggestions?

P.S. Thoroughly check out the seller's feedback. I though 500+ and 95%+ is good but this seller proved me wrong!

Oh yeah heres the link of the sellers other auctions if you wanted to see it.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50

Jan 27, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 17
95% positive feedback, to me, is unacceptable. I try to avoid dealing with anyone with less than 98% positive feedback.

The easiest thing to do is to simply state "if I do not hear back from you within 30 days (PayPal's window), I will invoke PayPal's seller protection policy to get my money back."

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 17
It appears that the seller is figuring out that someone is tipping other buyers about his fraud and now has the buyer's i.d. private function on all of his auctions.

I also did get my dvd's after threatening him with Paypal and Ebay complaints, but he sent me used (item listed as new) and damaged dvd's and the seller refuses to give me an exchange or refund. This seller is messing with the wrong man and I have filed complaints with Paypal and Ebay. I hope this works out for the best....

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 17
Good luck, and here's to hoping the person gets screwed.
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #7 of 17
If you read down the feedback, there many other seriously pissed off buyers...

I hope this person gets what he deserves.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 17
Yep you better watch out for those kind of people who, even though have good feedback, are real jerkoffs. This one guy that I bought some sony mdr-e847sp's from shipped me a fake stock of them when he said they were "authentic." I guess it depends on your experience with the guy. With people that almost instantly shoot me an email when the auction is over, I usually have no prob dealing with them.

Jan 30, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #9 of 17
The worst thing is that it's gonna take a month for Ebay or Paypal to anything. And now that the seller is wising up and keeping the bidders i.d. private, I can no longer warn other people. about this jerk.

Jan 30, 2004 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 17
sorry about your problems, maddog. that sucks.

i feel i should warn you all about this guy as well. i should note i have never bought nothing from him either.

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #12 of 17
At least the guy selling "nothing" is being honest.

How about the Grado RS-1's for $8.00? The guys selling information- they're from belguim usually. They'll post 1500 auctions of all kinds of stuff with buy it now for $8.

What's amazing is people continue to buy it? Do they just figure "Hey it's only $8 what do I have to loes?"

Mitch

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
i feel i should warn you all about this guy as well. i should note i have never bought nothing from him either.

seems like he has ample amounts of nothing to sell. the offer doesn't sound that bad, for what it's worth (nothing, of course). sadly the auction was already closed, so i couldn't buy nothing...

Jan 30, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Riordan
so i couldn't buy nothing...

That double negative is the story of my life in audio. Sometimes I wish I could buy nothing...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #15 of 17
What?? How can people bid on nothing? Thats just messed up.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back