Beware: AudioCubes won't return items Q-JAYS
Oct 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

jsmithepa

500+ Head-Fier
AudioCubes won't take back my Q-Jays.

Basically they told me they are small time outfit and can't deal with returns. I said go ahead and charge me the 15% restocking fee. They still wont budge.

Anyways, there is NO WAY to not open the package if you wish to audition the phones. The inner plastic tub is sealed and there is no other way but to cut it in order to get to the phones.

That's kind sux 'coz until you are able to listen to the phones, you can never be sure u like its signature.

HERE is the total conversation if yer interested.

Oct 27, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 63
"What is your return policy?
Things sold at AudioCubes.com are not easy to come by and unfortunately our suppliers will not repackage any used items. As a result, a conditional 30 day return policy is used on certain categories of our products.

All products valued below $250, can be returned to us for a refund less the shipping charges if the items are Brand New (this means you've never opened or used the item, and everything that came with the item are also in Brand New condition).

Their return policy sounds clear to me, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the company.
Why didn't you research it beforehand, if you knew it may be a purchase that you might not be happy with?

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 63
As I said, personally don't like its signature, fun phones though.

To TK3, after 500+ post u make a comment like that? PPl are able to know exactly what they like by specs alone? plus few reviews 'coz they are new. That's not worthy of your post count.

This is not a rant thread. Not looking for sympathy. Simply pointing out the finer points of AC's policy for the next potential customer. Info sharing and that's all.

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not a rant thread. Not looking for sympathy. Simply pointing out the finer points of AC's policy for the next potential customer. Info sharing and that's all.

You misunderstood him or even misinterpreted his post.
He never meant "look at the specs". What he was trying to tell you is: if you are planning to buy a new onknown headphone there is a chance you might not like them so make sure you can return it if doesn't suit you. That of course inclused reading the small print.
wink.gif

So you could have been able to know you can not return them opened.

m00h

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 63
I must side with TK3 here (and sorry, but I have 500+ posts as well
wink.gif
)

He didn't say you should have researched the sound more (= known beforehand if you would like them) ...you should however have researched, read and understood (or asked until you did understand) the return policy especially as you knew there was a chance you might have to return them as you were unsure whether they would suit you (which is what TK3 means if I understand him correctly).

It states that the item will not be taken back if it is opened. You can argue this is not nice of them, but you should have known this before buying. Now you entered in a contract with them based on these conditions and you have no right complaining that they are indeed doing what they publicly stated as a policy.

This is unnecessarily criticizing a decent company (I have done business with audiocubes a couple of times and they have allowed me to get stuff I couldn't get otherwise). Further more they have been pretty polite in those mails you post online...

The fault lies with the uninformed buyer here IMHO. Do the decent thing: admit your fault and edit your post so it just informs ppl of audicubes' return policy without blaming them.

Oct 27, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 63
Just sell them on our Head-FI Sale forum for %5-%10 off. They are a hot item and someone will definitely take if off your hands.

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just sell them on our Head-FI Sale forum for %5-%10 off. They are a hot item and someone will definitely take if off your hands.

that would be the best thing to do... but it'll take up to another month (registered in Oct 07) and two more posts

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #11 of 63
i've got to side with audiocubes -- the buyer should have examined the return policy more carefully.

audiocubes is basically a broker -- they stock nothing. when you order something, they buy it and ship it to you. they have no mechanism for handling non-perfect merchandise. they are in no way a traditional internet retailer.

i have bought stuff from pricejapan -- its the same situation. you're taking a risk when you buy stuff this way. you have to be prepared to accept the consequences.

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
audiocubes is basically a broker -- they stock nothing. when you order something, they buy it and ship it to you.

I did not know that. Thank you for that information. And as to the original topic, I think the buds should be considered a consumable item, which invalidates returning them. After all, they have been in your ears.

Oct 27, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 63
The left driver of my D-Jays broke after 3 months of use. They just died out one day. Kohn from Audiocubes offered me an exchange, no questions asked.

Honestly, from a business standpoint, I wouldn't want people to buy my stuff, open it up, use it, then return it for their money back. Being such a small company, I wouldn't think they could absorb that kind of cost.

Oct 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #14 of 63
It's an interesting issue, and a relatively recent one, and slightly connected with the personal responsibility thing--a concept which no longer appears to exist in any form . Before K-Mart and the like, if you bought something, and it wasn't broken, it was yours, and there was really no discussion. You don't do your homework and buy wrong: your problem.

Big stores changed a lot of that, by basically letting customers ride roughshod over them on this kind of thing, because with their volume they could afford to. Nordstroms will let you bring anything back, and it seems that it didn't even have to come from them in the first place, as long as they do sell it. All responsibility for making decisions and taking the bumps for bad ones has been removed, and I really don't view that as a good thing, nor a functional way for people to get used to, because the real world doesn't act that way.

However, if there's a direct answer here, it's when they were bought, they were new; once they're used, they're used, not new. You expect to buy new things from them, not used. Why, then, would a store that sells new things want your used things because you made a bad decision, and what do you expect them to do with them? And why is this their problem, not yours? Please, try to distance yourself from the situation, and look at it from another perspective, that being the store's and their customers. I don't mean to be too brutal, but this is the way the world operates outside of Walmart, in personal relationships, especially, and it's a good concept to suss out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back