Between The Buried And Me
Jan 25, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 22
Yeah they're cool, I like em'.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 22
I have Alaska; never really got into it though.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #5 of 22
I liked it until the vocal started. Very Rush-like musically. It's kind of like Rush meets Ministry (and I like Ministry). Too bad about the rest of the song. It started to give me a headache.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 22
I understand BTTBAM is not the generic metalcore you hear on mtv, they're not bad instrumentally...the intro was nice but when the vocals kicked in i needed to quit, hardcore vocals are unbearable, much prefer real death vocals, this is not for me
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 22
Huge fan of BTBAM here. You should listen to Colors in its entirety, 928GTS. For me, it was the metal album of 2007.

I missed seeing them live a few weeks ago, as I was in Melbourne that week. I had even bought the ticket
angry_face.gif
. A friend ended up buying it off me but I still would have loved to have gone to see them.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealApril /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huge fan of BTBAM here. You should listen to Colors in its entirety, 928GTS. For me, it was the metal album of 2007.

I missed seeing them live a few weeks ago, as I was in Melbourne that week. I had even bought the ticket
angry_face.gif
. A friend ended up buying it off me but I still would have loved to have gone to see them.

I've been making my way through the album more and more and I'm hearing more and more that I like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 22
Colors is definitely one of those albums you have to listen to all the way through. I can see how some people don't like the vocals, but the musicianship of these guys are incredible. It took me a couple listens, but this album is great.

The live version is great as well and the quality is top notch.

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. I much prefer Protest the Hero, although they're not that similar.

I like Protest the Hero better also. Between the Buried and me has some great guitar playing in parts, I get bored with the "noise" parts if that makes sense.

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the intro was nice but when the vocals kicked in i needed to quit, hardcore vocals are unbearable, much prefer real death vocals, this is not for me
biggrin.gif

I felt the same way about a lot of there songs until I gave them another serious listen. I would listen to the amazing sweep intros and skip to the solos but not care for the rest of the songs. After a few listens it grows on you. It is definitely great workout music though.

It is surprising they aren't as well known because they are all unbelievable musicians which is worth a listen for that alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back