Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect - NEW ALBUM OCT 2009
Aug 19, 2009 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

DoYouRight

Headphoneus Supremus
Just letting those know who loved Colors, or have yet to hear it CHECK IT OUT, Dream Theater even said it was their favorite album of last year.

The new album is going to CRUSH Colors says frontman Tommy Rogers, after their tour with Dream Theater and Opeth. It will be released on October 27th 2009.

Tracklist:
  • "Mirrors"
  • "Obfuscation"
  • "Disease, Injury, Madness"
  • "Fossil Genera – A Feed from Cloud Mountain"
  • "Desert of Song"
  • "Swim to the Moon"
Very excited about this and still am enjoying the COLORS_Live dvd, check again if you haven't.

Will post any more information here and keep it updated.

Information and a little more from wikipedia and
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=123202

The band has released a TEASER of the album on their MySpace page! It is 4:07 minutes long and is similar to the Muse 30 second preview for the album. Here is the link! The Great Misdirect Teaser

*** A Sampler "Teaser" EP Has been sent out to random radio stations and such, I will try to get it streaming somewhere. ***
Tracklist:
1. Part One: Mirrors
2. Part Two: Obfuscation

Obfuscation is streaming here:

Victory Metal

Just enter any email you want and you'll get access to the stream player. (Thanks to RedSky0 for this information
beerchug.gif
)

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 28
I am extremely excited about this one and am still really into Colors. There have been a few YouTube videos from the studio and the grooves they're laying down sound fantastic. These guys look like a lot of fun to hang out with.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 28
I have seen Tommy once or twice at the coffee shop I work at, and he is a really chill person. Usually is reading a book or talkin on his cell phone.

Aug 21, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 28
Colors is a great album, i can't wait for the next one.

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 28
Sep 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 28
I like BTBAM, but the problem I have with them is they never let up and there isnt time to breathe in the middle, the songs just hit hard and keep hitting hard and give no breathing space in the middle. Its hard for me to listen to Colors in its entirety in one sitting for that reason. They pretty much did the same thing Live, but I still enjoyed it since I like the complexity and talent.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 28
Damnit I so want to hear that sampler but I'm on a comp with a gimped internet connection! I thought Colors was great too, hope they can top it.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #12 of 28
Should get the Colors Live DVD Soup its great
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should get the Colors Live DVD Soup its great
biggrin.gif

i would if it were available in lossless audio on blu ray :p dolby digital isnt up to snuff for me, ive got the nine inch nails blu ray and its damn amazing.

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #14 of 28
Colors was a huge favourite for a brief time, but it sounds a bit tired and samey now. Still, looking forward to the new album. I hope they do the logical progression onwards in their music, and don't merely do a rehash of Colors. here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back