between SE530 vs. Triple Fi. 10
Jun 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #61 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unamped: TF10 for sure!

I don't think there is any better Universal IEM.

Although, the Shures can pack a punch EQ'd and for some genres, I wouldn't go near them for any jazz or classical, but for rock they're quite fun.

For someone like me that plays my iPod on shuffle, and my genres span classical to death metal to bubble pop, TF10s are just great all around
smily_headphones1.gif

My 0.02c

Thank for Answer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why the TF10s would be any less EQ'able than the E530s. Could someone explain that?

I don't own a pair of 530s, so my vote is based on cables and price.

ill answer this one easily. the way i look at it is this. the bass on the e500 is heavy, but this can be cured with a little bass reduction without any quality loss, now...in the triple fi's case, its bass can be heard as a little light tempting some to EQ bass and try to get more, trying to get more from anything will create distortion properties (especially bass).

highs is different, it takes a huge push to make highs clip and so the e500 can be EQ'd in the highs very well with little quality loss. the bass will only need reducing if the user is not happy, nobody will need more really. and reduction wont make the sound any worse. again in the triple fi's case the highs dont need EQing but the bass may well need it, and as i said bass being EQ'd up is never good.

hence the e500 generally responding better to EQ, if you raise the highs of the e500 it can only get better, but increasing the lows of the triple fi can only get worse

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #63 of 65
TF10Pro Krub
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #64 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill answer this one easily. the way i look at it is this. the bass on the e500 is heavy, but this can be cured with a little bass reduction without any quality loss, now...in the triple fi's case, its bass can be heard as a little light tempting some to EQ bass and try to get more, trying to get more from anything will create distortion properties (especially bass).

highs is different, it takes a huge push to make highs clip and so the e500 can be EQ'd in the highs very well with little quality loss. the bass will only need reducing if the user is not happy, nobody will need more really. and reduction wont make the sound any worse. again in the triple fi's case the highs dont need EQing but the bass may well need it, and as i said bass being EQ'd up is never good.

hence the e500 generally responding better to EQ, if you raise the highs of the e500 it can only get better, but increasing the lows of the triple fi can only get worse

I think you pretty much nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back