between SE530 vs. Triple Fi. 10
Jun 12, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #31 of 65
When I last heard 530, I jumped to turn the volume down....waaay too bassy & forward for my poor lil ears!

And, man, jinx, if you're into tinnitus territory stop it! Or at least moderate -you need to be able to enjoy your 530s for a few years (well, it's months really when your cables crack up...evil grin)

It is interesting how we all hear differently -what one person takes as analytical, I take to be hearing into the music and, despite their bass presence, I found 530 much harder & colder than Triple Fi...for me, much less listenable.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #32 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, maybe be careful!

its funny how we do agree quite a bit, but are very different!

i think its because we both understand that when it comes down to it the final word is no earphones are technically better, when it comes to sennheiser cx300 vs shure e500, we know what is technically better.

e500 vs triple fi 10, both break dead even. 3 drivers each, 2 way crossover each, both use filters, both use a similar bore design, although the triple fi do dual bore it, both are tuned to perfection...almost. both are as good as each other, one is not better than the other, they are both simply tuned up with different sound signatures in mind.

we all should be greatful that the e500 and triple fi are quite different sounding because it keeps options open for everybody, if they both sounded the same there would be a set of fans that are dissapointed.

we are different in our likings but this is what makes head fi the place to be to discuss music and equipment. there are no arguements, just debates and its a great way to pass time after or during work...although sleep comes at number one and i must be off to get some im up for work in 6 hours, enjoy your music, we shall dabate again soon
tongue.gif
chow

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #33 of 65
Good points, jinx.

Sleep well.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #34 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I last heard 530, I jumped to turn the volume down....waaay too bassy & forward for my poor lil ears!

And, man, jinx, if you're into tinnitus territory stop it! Or at least moderate -you need to be able to enjoy your 530s for a few years (well, it's months really when your cables crack up...evil grin)

It is interesting how we all hear differently -what one person takes as analytical, I take to be hearing into the music and, despite their bass presence, I found 530 much harder & colder than Triple Fi...for me, much less listenable.

haha i wondered when the cable would crop up, i personally think those with cable problems are just not loving enough with thier phones, mine are going strong after a year now (well a year on the 7th july) but hey many will say otherwise.

i dont think im in tinnitus territory thankfully, i just went wild with the volume yesterday and when i went the toilet for a wizz afterwards i could hardly hear myself peeing, gruesome info you guys dont wanna know but damn it was scary.

anyway, chat soon, laters, must hit the sack

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #37 of 65
Steve, what do you mean by forward? I considered the E500 warm and bassy, but not forward (which applies to Shure E4c, instead).

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found 530 much harder & colder than Triple Fi...

Wow, interesting... don't know what to say to that, except I can only imagine that you had some tip selection/fit issue going on. Beyond that I don't understand how the SE530 could ever be described as being hard and cold, especially with respect to the TF.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #40 of 65
Both have its strengths and weakness, which are subjective. Best to do is to try both if possible, before buying. Otherwise you will be left wondering what the other sounds like. Source, amp, music, ears, personal taste can be different from person to person.

This is what I experience owning both:

Soundstage
Triple.fi > SE530

Clarity
Triple.fi > SE530

Bass clarity
Triple.fi > SE530

Bass quantity
SE530 > Triple.fi

Mids
SE530 > Triple.fi

highs
Triple.fi > SE530

Instrument Separation
Triple.fi > SE530

Triple.fi leans towards the analytical it also sounds big. SE530 towards the liquid smooth sound.

I kept the SE530 and sold the Triple.fi very happy with the decision.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #41 of 65
-I wouldn't call the Triple.fi analytical
-I don't agree with the E500 having better mids

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #43 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Love-Music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what the difference is between the ES530 and the E500?

According to Shure they are exactly the same hardware (with the only minor difference being in the included accessories) so the E500 and SE530 designation can be used interchangeably when discussing SQ.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Shure they are exactly the same hardware (with the only minor difference being in the included accessories) so the E500 and SE530 designation can be used interchangeably when discussing SQ.

Thanks, bro. See we have almost the same name?
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #45 of 65
It's possible I may well have had tips issues w/ 530 as we couldn't swap tips over during the evening - olives had jammed on, much to my surprise (used pliers the next day to get off), but out of a D2 530 vocals had a hard & cold element...not edginess as such...hard to explain. On a loud part of a sung melody, there was a hardness to the edge of the sound.

Tony, by 'forward' mids I mean that, for me, they sounded right up in front of my nose. In my face. And too emphasised. Whereas Triple fi sounded a nice row or so back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back