Beta testing the new Audeze Black-Box.
Jun 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #61 of 76
I would like to participate in the Beta testing of the Audeze Block-Box.

i work audio for live meeting events as well as editing audio and videos for medical education for over 15 years.  I work with live event small mixers for recording purposes as will as for the audience.  I have tested several headphones over the past few years from iem to over the ear headphones.  i am always looking at headphones for better quality and sound.  testing a new product to help fine tune the sound is a very interesting idea.  I live 6 days out of the week under headphones.  I have been researching and testing out portable dac/headphone amps for the past several months.  i listen to music of all varieties, from 70's to current, rock to orchestra based movements.  

so i would live to be a beta tester for the Audeze Block box project.  my time to review the product and uploading tweaks would be 5 days a week M-F 630am to 300pm CST.

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #62 of 76
I would love to beta test the Audeze Black Box. I'm a 53 year old architect and have 3 home hi-fi systems installed in my home. My last two projects have been constructing a DIY system that I have put in various architecturally different rooms and now computer hi-fi, which I run from both a pc and a Mac. I would love to hear and report how this unique DSP/Amp/DAC product interacts with different components. I am able to provide any additional information you may need in a pm, if you wish.

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #63 of 76
I would consider myself very tech savvy. I work as a tech support and community representative for Performance-PC's, answering questions relating to the enthusiast computer market. I build my own PC's as well as home audio (and of course headphone) systems. I am very familiar with digital audio, and spend a great amount of time ensuring that there is nothing getting in the way of my high-res audio files sounding their best. In addition to my tech knowledge, I would consider myself a proficient writer.

I work part time and I'm off of school for the summer, so I have a lot of time. I would be able to spend an enormous amount of time testing, tweaking, troubleshooting and documenting my experiences. I have done reviews for items relating to and not relating to audio. I have had a bit of experience with Audeze headphones, and I'm an especially big fan of the LCD-2 and LCD-3. I haven't had enough head-time with the LCD-X and EL-8's, but I would love to have the opportunity to get to know them well. I am considering the EL-8's for my next headphones.

I also have a tech Facebook page with 500+ likes. www.fb.com/phillydmods. I would be able to post my impressions there, and on overclock.net.

I have done two sponsored computer build logs, and I have done many reviews, both sponsored and voluntary. My past sponsors include Gigabyte, Performance-PC's and Corsair. I received a Beyerdynamic A200P testing unit from Beyerdynamic and wrote a review of it as well. It is listed on my Head-Fi reviews (listed below).

Past reviews:
http://www.overclock.net/users/241812/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/users/287900/reviews

EDIT: I have added a fair amount of relevant information to the post.

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #64 of 76
I've a newborn Audeze fan, but would still love to place my name on the list!

My current Audeze phones are the LCD-3 (pre-fazor, and with the excellent Silver Dragon cable) and the EL-8s (closed). I've been enamored with the Audeze sound since day one. Previous headphones include the HE-400s and the NAD HP50s.

My current headphone amp is an Maverick TubeMagic D1, and I occasionally use a Dragonfly V1.2 (with the EL-8s).

For sources, I use a an Arch Linux box (custom), a MacBook Pro, and a Windows gaming rig (custom). I'm a computer science Ph.D. candidate in the Boston area, so I consider myself computer literate. I've also got some EE classes under my belt from my undergraduate days...

Music is how I relax and distract myself from research, so I generally clock a large number of critical listening hours per week. I'd be happy to provide any more information you need.

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #65 of 76
This is what every headphone audiophile has been dreaming of!!! I would love to beta test this! Droooool!!!

I am a graphic designer and have built many websites. I started building and fixing computers at the age of 14 and am now an old man at 30. Learning PFFFF! Count me in!! My audeze lcd-2s would love to have a mate for a month! I havnt posted many detailed reviews but id love the opportunity. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #67 of 76
i would like to be considered for this beta test.  i have been in the technology industry in one capacity or another, from a field engineer for motorola to my current position as an IT desktop support tech as doing nothing does not pay.  i do have/had an inventory of headphones ranging from acclaimed audezee cans to lowly walmart pink ones, which i regret buying. 

i have the rare grommes tube headamp as well as efforts from several manufacturers including apex, fii0, fostex, mcintosh, and V-moda.  i have been involved in the music business all my life.  my exwife has my saxophone but i don't care, i have my dignity which attaches to my ears, so im good.  i've been a musician, worked as a club DJ, a radio station producer and currently, a vinyl freak. 

lastly i am a published writer, a poet.  i also have a novel in the works so i am very creative with words and have a decent grasp of abstract descriptions of such notions as 'sound quality' and such.  anyway, im roger, 'roscoofyore'.  consider this my formal application. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #69 of 76
I so much want to be a beta tester, since I want to compare it against my own DIY tube and chip amps, hooked to my LCD 2 & X, but I live in Bulgaria, EU. The shipping cost will not make sense :)

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #71 of 76
Hi Audeze

I'd like to express an interest.

My head-Fi profile is here : http://www.head-fi.org/u/170914/brooko
Reviews I've done on Head-Fi are listed here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/762394/brookos-reviews-past-future

I'm 48, and have been a mild (but permanent) tinnitus sufferer for around the last 15 years (result of a single 3 hour concert - long story, not a great end result).

As far as tech goes - I'm a hobbyist, but able to work most things out:
  1. I've built computers from components
  2. I was Admin and Mod on a Linux site - and I also compiled software for their app repository
  3. I'm very comfortable with either Linux or Windows based PCs

If you have a look at any of my reviews, you'll see the amount of time that goes into each one. I'm happy doing the research, and I tend to be methodical and detailed.

My main interest in being part of the program is not only because the tech interests me - but also to see what the device will do as a tinnitus sufferer.  Although it rarely bothers me when I'm listening to music, if your device can help, then I am (quite literally) "all ears".

Caveat - I'm located in New Zealand.  However - if you do have any other testers in Asia and/or Australia, then it's not that far to jump. I have excellent feedback on Head-Fi, and I am sure the Admins here would also vouch for me.

I'm due to leave on a business trip this weekend, and will be out of Country for approximately 3 weeks. I'll still be a regular visitor to the site though - and if chosen, have no issues testing any time from August onward.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #72 of 76
I would like to be considered for the beta testing. What I may bring to this testing is my 50 years of music performance in concerts and my composing for the same period of time. I have a very critical ear and have conducted orchestras for some time as well. I have also designed circuit boards and motherboards and have 2 patents for nuclear radiation leakage test equipment.

I may not have the experience with some of the folks here in audio equipment but what I bring to the table is how musical a certain piece of equipment sounds. Is it reproducing the exact sound of each instrument correctly. I have play every instrument in the orchestra and I know very well what each one should sound like and if the equipment does it's job correctly.

Thanks,
Derrick

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #74 of 76
Tell us why you would love to test this product and a few details about your background. Being tech-savvy would be a plus as there will be a learning curve.

I would love to test this product - I know Audeze does lots with the Harman curves for what produces a neutral/natural sound, and I would love to see how that is implemented into the DSP. I have heard all Audeze models, and own the 2.2F's (all gear below/ in profile). I have a Computer Engineering background, so gear like this is of course of great interest to myself. I have reviewed plenty of headphones before, though I'm not much experienced with source gear. I am very intrigued that there are multiple matched curves and DSPs involved... I don't know of any other hardware solutions like this besides some general EQ boards that can be put between DAC and amp.

Crossfeed would indeed be great to add :D.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #75 of 76
I would like to join your program if you are looking for testers outside of the US. I have been working as a professional Dj for over a decade and have a lot of experience with different headphones. Im knowledgeable with macs and have been using their operating systems for over 5 years. My current headphones are Audeze EL-8 open, HD600, and ATH-M50. Headphone related electronics is FiioX3k, A&K Jr, and Alo Panam. I currently run a family business so I can dedicate about 4 hours a day Mon to Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back