Beta testing the new Audeze Black-Box.
Jun 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #31 of 76
Hey

This is very exciting stuff !!!!! i would be super keen to test this equipment for you.
my name is Lance Bartley, i have been running xonar stx > meier audio Daccord / corda classic combo for over 2 years using audeze lcd2 and now with a new pair with fazor.

Listening to headphones on average 3-6 hours per night and if given the opportunity i will test this equipment with streaming music up to lossless also movies and gaming.
primary use will be from a computer, having tinnitus in both ears, tech savy and having extended listening times to play with EQ i hope i will be able to give you some good feedback.
my location is sydney australia (i hope that is not to far away), i have also already had the pleasure of dealing with your company directly recently via email and hope this proves i am capable of communication with you guys.

thanks

lance bartley

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #32 of 76
@Audeze I am very interested in beta testing the Black Box. I'm fairly new to hi-fi sound but consider myself tech savvy enough to put your box to the test as I'm in the market for a new DAC specifically for my iMac set up. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #33 of 76
What an excellent opportunity to get feedback from people who are passionate about audio. Head-fi is full of such talented and enthusiastic users it will be a tough pool to pull from. 

Personally, it would be both an honour and privilege to be part of this incredible beta testing program. Thanks to my father (former musician, 50 years in broadcasting) technology has always been a passion of mine since an early age. Thanks to his connections, over the years I have had the privilege to officially beta test products (hardware and software) from high-end and well regarded companies such as Sony, Hitachi, HP, and Apple long before the public was even aware of their existence. Much like hardware, I am a (somewhat) active beta tester for software. By somewhat I mean not always am I chosen (boo).To this date, whenever possible I will sign up for beta testing anything that is of interest to me. I am very focused and dedicated, and always completely objective in my testing; I am never shy to give my open and honest opinion followed by recommendations.

Professionally, for most of my working career I have been employed by hi-tech manufactures with experience in R&D, quality control/assurance, as well as calibration and re-certification of products. I bring my professional attitude home with me and apply the same work ethic and time deserved to the devices and software I test. Besides having personal experience with testing, I am quite active in other technology forums. I will often stop what I am doing and engage a user (complete stranger) over chat, devoting my full attention to resolving the problems and/or answering their questions. Personally I have received numerous rep/up-votes/thanks but that means nothing to me; It is my nature to want to help out someone in need and I expect nothing in return.

When it comes to computers, I am both a Mac and Windows PC user/owner. A+ certified with 35 years of user experience (I am 36). From Photoshop to Reason, every ounce of knowledge is self-taught; I don't need a manual to figure out something that I consider second nature to me. I have always considered myself a pioneer of the integration of computers (and thus software) and audio technology. From the early days of the midi interface, samplers, phasers ,and sequencers, to the modern use of USB and Firewire, I am well versed and experienced with virtually all forms of interconnection. 

Lastly, I would like to finish off with the fact that I currently have a lot of time at my disposal (in between jobs) thus have the time and attention needed to thoroughly dig deep into the beta testing of both the software and hardware.

Good luck to everyone!

beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #34 of 76
Can I please be added to the beta test? Here's is my site and I am extremely technical (I can share my background privately, I'm a principal engineer for a small, albeit well respected software firm.). I'm also an existing Audeze customer owning a pair of non-fazor LCD-3's (though I plan to upgrade them eventually).

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #35 of 76
As a professional software business analyst, I am uniquely qualified to provide feedback on the software functionality,usability, user-experience, workflow, and design GUI implementation.  I am 54-years old, and listen to a wide range of music; jazz, classic rock, traditional vocalists (e.g., Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald, etc.)  Frank Zappa, Blues, and non-electro modern, rock music.  

The interaction between the sound and the controls, and their calibration is also another topic that will be covered in my testing and review.

By the way, I live in the New York City area in case geographical location matters; I would be a persuasive ambassador for Audeze. As part of the beta, I will also commit myself to attend demonstrations in the area.

I am also between jobs and have plenty of time during the day's normal business hours to commit to this effort.

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #36 of 76
I would love to participate in the beta test! I'm a huge fan of Audeze's (I currently have the LCD 2.2 non-fazors, and am saving towards a pair of LCD-3's). It would be phenomenal to be able take part in helping you guys make the music listening experience even more amazing!

Brief background about myself: I'm a vocalist, classically trained violinist & used to do music production, as well as work in the music industry (I worked in the artist development team at Universal, sidenote: our team help put Taylor Swift & Rihanna on the map =P). Nowadays music is much more of a hobby than a profession though, as I spend my professional time as a UX/UI designer / software engineer in a tech startup (listening to music all day as i work~). Also to note I have synesthesia (i see colors / feel textures when i hear music), and my hearing is still very much intact i believe (i'm now 32).

It would be an amazing honor to be a part of this beta program. Thanks!

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #37 of 76
Hi there,

I have coauthored for many years and continue to write a technology news column for a long running USA materials science and engineering journal. (pm me for details, if you'd like my CV)

Currently I work in engineering in the US material science industry.

For my own use I generally equalize my headphones, with various profiles. So I am very excited about testing this product (and probably purchasing it, if it works well)! Willing to write reviews. Quite familiar with NDAs.

I listen to large orchestral music, modern or classical, orchestral pop music, opera. Essentially, I listen to music with a large dynamic range. Most of my equipment is studio equipment, with several audiophile DACs and Amps for listening. So I can compare with other equipment and also test the results with microphones, if necessary.

I'm familiar with audio analysis. And with complex equalization in DAWs and mixing.

Usually I listen to various full size planar magnetic phones for my open listening and also the AT woody dynamics for my closed phones. Haven't tried the LCD-X yet. Therefore I'm especially interested to see what can be done with it plus the Black Box.

Soon I am getting an electrostatic system too. And your system sounds like would be a nice comparison. Plenty of time on my end. I listen to music daily while writing. My schedule is not busy in any particular time period. So I can give feedback whenever you decide to send it, if you wish to do so.

Cheers

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #38 of 76
I am interested in participating in the beta test. I spend about 20 hours a week listening to the LCD3Fs. My listening metric would be comparison to my current set up. My signature describes my current system. I will shortly be receiving a DNA Stratus which would also be compared. 

Professionally I am a quant. I specialize in valuing assets and locking in value through hedging. I occasionally do a stint as COO of a tech company to do a turn around. I have graduate degrees in engineering, finance and information systems. I can write a reasonable sentence. My primary qualification is that I like to listen to music through headphones and want that experience to be as realistic as possible. The realism is more of continuous process rather than a goal. I hope the box is as good as your phones. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #39 of 76
Hi!

I'm a current graduate student studying to get my PhD in chemistry. I work on developing chemical instruments to measure the mass and size of proteins. With this, I have gained expertise in electronics and also the basics of mechanical engineering.

I have recently learned of the world headphones and have built up my collection slowly. I currently have Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs and also a pair of Audio Technical AD900x's. Additionally I have a roommate who had HD700's. If needed, I have access to a high end digital multimeter and multiple oscilloscopes.

I would love the opportunity to be a beta tester for you!

Thanks!
Michael

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #40 of 76
I am interested because I have wanted to hear audeze headphones for a while now but dont have the money. I have Hifiman Planar Magnetic headphones. I am relatively tech savvy. While I don't have much experience with top of the line headphones, I would still love to beta test the black box as it seems interesting to me as I have issues with wax build up in my ear canals and balancing the ears would be incredibly useful. I also see expanding an amp/dac to have cloud capability is an interesting step and could be a game changer for the future. Thanks for the opportunity!

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #42 of 76
not sure if audeze has thought about this but to be future thinking audeze may want to think about incorporating meridian's MQA technology into the DAC. also, it might be interesting if, over time, audeze used the common user preferences they collect from the device, setting aside anomolies of course, to introduce headphones or tweaks to existing revisions that are more in tune (pun intended) with people's liking.

btw, i own audeze-x already, as well as lcd2 and lcd 3 (as well as many other flagships). my profession is in software testing so i may be a good candidate. however, at this time i'm not interested in becoming a beta tester. i'm assuming audeze will have lots of great candidates for this endeavor.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #43 of 76
Very interesting! Feel free to send me a message if my profile fits and you need more information.

Background : engineering with focus on finance and computer science.
Additional : used to new technologies, testing and discovering. Excellent audition for military purpose (can't disclose more)

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #44 of 76
Australian member. Long time user of Audeze headphones. I'd be very interested in prototype testing this product as I'm someone who changes source gear often. Always looking for the ultimate amp for my Audeze collection and haven't found one yet.

I currently own the LCD2.1, 2.2F, 3F, And X. Looking to also get the XC when I am back in the travelling scene.

I'm comfortable with computers but not an expert by any measure. Also a regular reviewer of surgical equipment.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 76
Hi, 

I recently auditioned the Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2 at a Headphone Zone Connect meetup in Bangalore and found them to be remarkable compared to the HD 650 I own. Id be grateful if you picked me to beta test the black box.

I have a background in Computer Science Engineering. I am tech savvy and like to read a lot about anything related to sound or headphones.

I like moving from headphone to headphone comparing merits and demerits and so also DACs/AMPs/Speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back