Beta 22 amplifier repair help?
Feb 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

daltonlanny

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all,
I have a balanced Beta 22 amps that has self inflicted damage to the circuit board, and I need someone to help repair it.
I am so disappointed in myself right now.
I am not that good using a soldering iron and small parts at all. I hope someone out there is willing to help me.
It was built by Headfi member named thrice.
I really don't want to just scrap the amp nor or the circuit board, especially since it has premium Black gate capacitors.
Here is what happened:
I recently purchased a fully balanced Beta 22 with 4 boards and separate power supply here on Headfi. It has really high quality capacitors and other parts.
It sounded really great until I accidentally did not turn the volume all the way down or the unit off when I exchanged headphones with the TRS 1/4" tips. I smelled and saw smoke, but the unit still kept playing normally.
I immediately turned it off, and opened it up.
R32 is almost completely fried on one circuit board.
The other boards appear completely normal.
So, I would assume that besides R32, there may be a few other parts that may need replacement on that one board.
I would also like the unit tested to make sure the other boards are ok.
I have no amp to enjoy my music with at the moment, and if someone out there will help me repair it, I would appreciate it more than you will ever know. If you are able to help or know someone who can, please let me know by pm, or by this thread.
Thanks alot.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Anyone at all that can help me out here?
Thanks.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello all,
I have a balanced Beta 22 amps that has self inflicted damage to the circuit board, and I need someone to help repair it.
I am so disappointed in myself right now.
I am not that good using a soldering iron and small parts at all. I hope someone out there is willing to help me.
It was built by Headfi member named thrice.
I really don't want to just scrap the amp nor or the circuit board, especially since it has premium Black gate capacitors.
Here is what happened:
I recently purchased a fully balanced Beta 22 with 4 boards and separate power supply here on Headfi. It has really high quality capacitors and other parts.
It sounded really great until I accidentally did not turn the volume all the way down or the unit off when I exchanged headphones with the TRS 1/4" tips. I smelled and saw smoke, but the unit still kept playing normally.
I immediately turned it off, and opened it up.
R32 is almost completely fried on one circuit board.
The other boards appear completely normal.
So, I would assume that besides R32, there may be a few other parts that may need replacement on that one board.
I would also like the unit tested to make sure the other boards are ok.
I have no amp to enjoy my music with at the moment, and if someone out there will help me repair it, I would appreciate it more than you will ever know. If you are able to help or know someone who can, please let me know by pm, or by this thread.
Thanks alot.
Hi. Did you ever find someone to repair your B22? I also have a balanced B22 built by Ying (YBM Audio) and suffered the same accident when switching from balanced to single-ended. I'm looking for someone to repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back