best x-fi config for music for my hardware?
Mar 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

r4tr4tr4t

Head-Fier
hi guys im new to the forums
smily_headphones1.gif
, i just bought for my computer the ath-ad700 headphones and a creative xtrememusic sound card, i was wondering which is the recommended x-fi console config for best quality music playback, also for movies
ive heard using audio creation mode in 2.1 44.1khz and bit-matched playback + winamp asio plugin is a good combo, is this true ?

thx in advance =)

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Just fiddle around with the settings till you get something you like. I've spend hours just doing that.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 6
audio creation mode with bit matched playback is the recommended mode for music

for movies it depends on a few things... what software are you using? assuming you're watching DVDs with multi channel audio do you want virtual surround sound? does your playback software do dolby headphone (powerdvd and i think windvd both do)?

i personally use entertainment mode for movies (not sure why i just do) with CMSS3D and crystalizer off

if you use software that does dolby headphone it's better to use it for virtual surround than CMSS 3D if not entertainment or game mode with CMSS 3D turned on (and your playback software set to output multichannel audio) will do fine

i also recommend x-fi mode changer it allows you to set it to automatically switch modes when certain programs open (foobar opens it switches to audio creation, powerdvd opens it switches to entertainment... when those programs are closed it switches back to game mode) and gives you quick access to the console

Users who are viewing this thread

Back