Best Workout Headphone?
Oct 9, 2002 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

TheeeChosenOne

Head-Fier
I like to listen to music while jogging and lifting weights.

I carry a little mp3 player with me.

WHAT IS THE BEST OVERALL SOUNDING HEADPHONE UNDER $150 THAT IS ALSO COMPACT/FOLDABLE?

I'm flexible to recommendations, but since these are for workouts, the smaller and lighter, the better.

P.S. I have Etys 4p's but they're not good while jogging. It sounds like a doctor's stethescope hitting your ears constantly!
rolleyes.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 19
If it is a jogging or workout phone, giving it a budget of $150 is pretty high for a potentially high abuse phone. Koss cheapies are definitely the way to go.

Oct 9, 2002 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 19
Personally, I don't think it's worth spending money on headphones for working out. You can't hear anything while you're breathing hard anyway, and if you're concentrating on the music, you're not concentrating on your workout. You just need something that gives you the general impression of the music.

I use a crappy pair of Sony MDR-W-something vertical-in-ear 'phones when I workout. They're small, flexible (i.e., hard to break) and stay in my ears fairly well even if I'm running. I can throw them in my gym back with my shoes, maybe a leaky waterbottle, and whatever sweaty clothes and not worry about it.

If you end up getting clip-on headphones without a head- or neckband (such as the KSC-35), make sure they'll stay on your ears while running. It's also better to go for earbuds than something that covers your whole ear (again, like the KSC-35) or you'll end up with sweaty, wet headphones.

kerely

Oct 9, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 19
KSC-35 are the best workout headphone ever, IMO. I've been using them for exercise for years. Don't settle for the KSC-50, which fall off quite easily -- get the real deal
smily_headphones1.gif
I believe that "Mr. Tibbs" guy is still selling them new.

Oct 10, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 19
HI: I agree with most of the post here that the koss-35 are a bar none best for running walking jogging working out sitting standing laying down or in bed and even for sex.

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 19
Lou, I don't mean to pry, but why do you happen to notice the quality of your phones when your having sex?
Let alone why you have them on in the first place. (just joking)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

A true headfier if I ever saw one.

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 19
For me, clip ons suck for working out. They are not snug enough to stay on if the cord gets tugged. I use the Koss KSC-55 which has the behind the neck band. So far I am exteremely happy with them. Definately check them out as they are very inexpensive and sound great.

ksc55.jpg

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 19
HI BILL: I play dona summer -love to love you baby with the 35 on but I first tell the girl my cans come first. LOL My wife told me that I love my headphones and amp more than I love her and I agreed so she split 3 1/2 years ago but I still have my headphones and amp. If fact they were the cheep cans and cheep amp. Since she left I have much better headphones and a much better amp and now can listen anytime I want to all day if I want. My dog lets me do what ever I want so me and dog are doing fine.

Oct 10, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 19
klipschter
HI: Now you are hitting me in the heart. I really like my portapros. They have a 3 way adjustment and on light sound like the koss-35s but with no adjustment they give me the bass that I want and are very Comfortable for long sessions. Now plug the portapros into my Max Out META42 built by JMT and my portapros sound like my sennheiser 580s. The portapros are very light and are very airy and are my favorite can for most of my listening. I have found that the better the amp the better the portapros sound and I will own these for life.

Oct 10, 2002 at 5:33 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by TheeeChosenOne
Are the Koss-50's better than the 35's. I hear they have better bass?..................

I think they are basically the same sonically, just different packaging from what I remember reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back