Best wireless headphones
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far the new Sennheiser MX-W1

Sennheiser's new MX W1 earbuds get wireless with Kleer - Engadget
mxw1.jpg

Hmmm. Estimated pricetag of $600 is daunting. But wireless cans have to be the next step, i.e., IF the tradeoff isn't SQ.

Question: Are there built-in limitations to wireless headphones that technology, regardless of sophistication, just can't overcome?

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 15
well, sending an analogue wirelessly is always going to be subject to more possible interference than doing it via a cable.

Then there is the issue of batteries. With full size cans, you might not notice so much the added bulk/weight of batteries, but with something like an IEM, you need to come up with something pretty clever.

You think those MX-W1 ear buds look as comfortable as normal earbuds?

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 15
I know about more interferences than via cable. Bud 7m cable is really terrible solution. You know, what I mean. I heard old HEARO 777 and there was too litle trebles and destorted medium frekvency. Now I am looking for best wireless headphones.

Jan 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 15
what ever brand you choose, buy DIGITAL only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know about more interferences than via cable. Bud 7m cable is really terrible solution. You know, what I mean. I heard old HEARO 777 and there was too litle trebles and destorted medium frekvency. Now I am looking for best wireless headphones.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, sending an analogue wirelessly is always going to be subject to more possible interference than doing it via a cable.

Then there is the issue of batteries. With full size cans, you might not notice so much the added bulk/weight of batteries, but with something like an IEM, you need to come up with something pretty clever.

You think those MX-W1 ear buds look as comfortable as normal earbuds?

They fit just like earbuds, so if earbuds are comfortable for you in general, then the MX-W1 will be perfect.

For me, the MX-W1's are just as uncomfortable as earbuds. I wouldn't be able to wear them for as long as I wear IEM's.

-Ed

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #8 of 15
Jude seemed to have very favorable impressions of the MX-W1, but $600 is just way to much for me to shell out.

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #9 of 15
I have two sets of Sennheiser Wireless Headphones. 120 and a pair of 110. I am totally impressed with these. The SQ is fantastic. Bass is smooth, great mids and highs. I hear no static. Sound is crystal clear and detailed. These are Supra-Aural and very comfortable. I should memtion I also own several corded headphones such as:
AKG K701, K240
Grado SR80, iGrado Lots of Koss, Sennheisers, Sonys etc.

Therefore I can say these Sennheiser wireless headphones really hold their own to corded headphones.

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by valveman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two sets of Sennheiser Wireless Headphones. 120 and a pair of 110. I am totally impressed with these. The SQ is fantastic. Bass is smooth, great mids and highs. I hear no static. Sound is crystal clear and detailed. These are Supra-Aural and very comfortable. I should memtion I also own several corded headphones such as:
AKG K701, K240
Grado SR80, iGrado Lots of Koss, Sennheisers, Sonys etc.

Therefore I can say these Sennheiser wireless headphones really hold their own to corded headphones.

Although those lower-end wireless Sennheisers are quite good for wireless headphones at their price points, they are really only competitive in sound quality to corded headphones priced between $50 and $75 (or roughly two-thirds as much as those Senns).

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #12 of 15
I disagree. I have had the Senn 120's and I have the 130's and they are far better than similarly price cabled cans. I've always felt that sennheiser has given me more "Bang" for my "Buck" The most impressive thing about the 130's is the amount of bass which is almost always lacking in the wireless cans. Also the Senns run on the same frequency as thier high end studio wirless monitor system (864mhz,I think). many wireless available today are only 2.4 ghz(Sleek) Kleer,and the new I2I wirelless tranceivers. The same as some portable phones( I own the I2I's also).

So My vote for best wireless is Sennheiser

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. I have had the Senn 120's and I have the 130's and they are far better than similarly price cabled cans.

There is a noticeable difference between the RS 130 and the RS 120 - where the higher model is simply better all around (relative to the lower-numbered model). But then again, the RS 130 is significantly more expensive than the RS 120 - $180 versus $120 (at full retail price).

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. I have had the Senn 120's and I have the 130's and they are far better than similarly price cabled cans. I've always felt that sennheiser has given me more "Bang" for my "Buck" The most impressive thing about the 130's is the amount of bass which is almost always lacking in the wireless cans. Also the Senns run on the same frequency as thier high end studio wirless monitor system (864mhz,I think). many wireless available today are only 2.4 ghz(Sleek) Kleer,and the new I2I wirelless tranceivers. The same as some portable phones( I own the I2I's also).

So My vote for best wireless is Sennheiser

You might want to brush up on your math. 2.4 GHz = 2400 mHz.

867mHz is pretty much like Old Cordless Phones 900 mHz

2.4 gHz or 2400 mHz is like Newer Cordless phones

5 gHz or 5000 mHz is like the Newest Cordless Phones and the newest Wireless Networks.

So, what point were you trying to make with the mHz gHz stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back