Best Way to Wrap Up Those Yuin PK1 PK2 or PK3
Sep 6, 2007 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

narkeeso

New Head-Fier
I just got my PK1s and lets just say I've never been so blown away by an earbud (unamped) but this thread is not about audio fidelity. No my friends, this thread is about what you guys do to put away your Yuin headphones into that tiny cylindrical case it comes with.

I know there are other cases and some of you just toss em in your bag but I like my cylinder and I was wondering if you guys could provide tips on the best way to wrap em up quickly and store them nicely.
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 20
I tried that and either I have fat fingers or I'm not wrapping them correctly but the cord always ends up being bigger than the cylinder and eventually just makes me stuff them into there.

How they came when I got mine was a very neatly wrapped cord that would come out as if it was wrapped internally inside the case. I can't seem to get that effect haha.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 20
Well.. after you wrap it, turn it 90 degrees (so the the hole is horizontal)
Squeeze to make a cylindrical shape instead of round, then it fits in like that

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well.. after you wrap it, turn it 90 degrees (so the the hole is horizontal)
Squeeze to make a cylindrical shape instead of round, then it fits in like that

That worked out quite nicely actually. Thanks

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 20
I use one of those small round altoid cans and it works great. Protects them also.

todd

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by narkeeso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my PK1s and lets just say I've never been so blown away by an earbud (unamped) but this thread is not about audio fidelity. No my friends, this thread is about what you guys do to put away your Yuin headphones into that tiny cylindrical case it comes with.

I know there are other cases and some of you just toss em in your bag but I like my cylinder and I was wondering if you guys could provide tips on the best way to wrap em up quickly and store them nicely.
biggrin.gif

You owe it to yourself to try them amped.

Oct 20, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 20
Ahhh, just got my PK3s in the mail. Love them, but am a bit conflicted. I'm running them out of a Porta Corda amp, and am absolutely stunned at the sound coming out of them, but I'm sort of crestfallen about the foam filters. With them on, everything feels too muddled and heavy. Without them, they really seem to open up and sound like full-sized headphones. However, the downside to having them off is that the highs can be slightly piercing. With them on, practically everything seems downgraded, but it keeps the high highs in check. Any opinions on this?

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back