Best Way to Wrap Up Those Yuin PK1 PK2 or PK3
Oct 20, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #16 of 20
Damn, okay, I went and got the 3.99 radioshack foam replacements, these really are a great, cheap thing to get to really improve SQ. I'm really glad they were so easy to obtain...best of luck,

Michael

Oct 21, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #18 of 20
Hey, I'm sure there's some posts describing this, but it's sort of hard to find. I do have an amp, the Porta Corda III, and was wondering...is it REALLY an $100 jump in performance to go to PK1?

Michael

Oct 21, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 20
That's a very good question. I have both, and A/B'd them when the PK3s arrived the other day (without any burn-in). Is the PK1 worth $100 more? I have to say, it's a very tough call. The PKK1s have a more "refined" sound, I believe (I know, not very definitive), but I was in awe of the PK3 sound amped. I started to wonder myself, in fact, if the PK1 sound sig was worth $100 more. But hey, I have them both now, and I do prefer the Y-cord of the PK1s. I will use the PK1s more, but when I don't want to use an amp (which is becoming less and less these days), I'll use the PK3s. For $25 via the group buy, the PK3s are about the best value in portable phones, in my view.

Let's put it this way. If budget is an issue, just amp the PK3s and you no doubt will be happy. If $100 isn't a big deal to you, then try the PK1s.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #20 of 20
I use the little leather case that came with my Studiophonics.

I like it better than the little canister because it's flat in my pocket and it weighs absolutely nothing.

I also ran it through the wash once and not a drop of water touched my Yuins!

Before I put them in, I wrap the cord around two fingers in a figure eight and they never get tangled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back