Best Way to Receive an International Payment?
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
So I've done plenty of international business via PayPal, but nothing quite to the point I'm considering at this moment. 

I'm mainly wondering what the best way to receive a payment would be (~$3,000) and which would overall give the buyer the least amount of fees.

Is anyone in Europe familiar with the kind of fees you'd incur with a direct wire transfer? This is my preferred way to get payment in this situation but the buyer in concerned that overall PayPal would be cheaper. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 5
The only European-based service I know of is Moneybookers/Skrill. I haven't checked their fees lately might they might be worth a look.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #3 of 5
I'd strongly recommend to go with a wire transfer and not with PayPal. The exact fees will depend on the bank, you could probably give them a call to find out how much it would be. In any case, the fees will most like be lower and, more importantly, a bank will give you a better currency exchange rate than PayPal (assuming you're going to convert Euros to USD). PayPal always offers poor exchange rates and especially with larger sums this can hurt.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Western Union I have seen here. But regular bank transfer is the way to go. If it´s within EU it´s practically free but for those sums US to Europe with the static fees I got with my bank it´s way cheaper then paypal. So check with your bank all banks over here offer international payments.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #5 of 5
From what it sounds like the fees will ultimately be lower than PayPal (roughly 2.35% as opposed to PayPal's 2.9% for a situation like this) and it's safer for me. So that's probably the way we'll go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back