Best way to hook up my headphones to my tv
Apr 6, 2010 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Artie17

100+ Head-Fier
My buddy just got a pair of ATH-AD700's and he's going to be using it with his Samsung 52 inch lcd tv to watch blurays via PS3 and wanted to find what would be the best way to hook up the headphones without loosing any sound quality. I think he needs a splitter cause he needs to have both headphones hooked up simultaneously. What do you guys think is the best way to go to accomplish this?

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 10
Try using the audio line out L R RCAs to a headphone Amp. I'm assuming the TV has no headphone jack but even if it does the the headphone amp from the line out will give you superior sq.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 10
Optical out to dac, dac to amp, headphone to amp, If ur using it then get some kinda splitter for the optical or a hdmi to hdmi/optical/coax kinda thing. Or if u have a good reciever already u could go monitor from receiver to amp to headphones.
Any of those ways

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 10
I just use PS3>Optical out to Zero DAC>Headphones

Since the Zero already has a headphone out, I just use that
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not the best but I think it is the easiest and cheapest way to do it if you don't want to go through an amp. I also have a Samsung 52 inch.

For only $1.70 each when QTY 50+ purchased - PREMIUM 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable - 6 inches - Gold Plated | 3.5mm/RCA Audio Cables

Thanks everyone. I think my buddy wants something cheap so for now I will probably tell him to get what you recommended do you think this will work out ok: Amazon.com: Stereo 2.5mm Male To Dual 3.5mm (1/8") Female Adapter Free Shipping: Musical Instruments

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 10
Apr 7, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 10
The tv doesn't have a HP jack?
My dad's 42" Samsung lcd tv can drive an HD600 when I had one (not as well as my Compass DAC/amp does, but hey, it was close enough). Decent sound quality to boot, as well. For a splitter, you'd need a 3.5mm stereo male to two 3.5mm stereo females, the one you linked has a male 2.5mm plug for cellphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back