Best way to drive a hd600 for around 225$ amp&dac
Jan 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fcpchop88

100+ Head-Fier
Hello head-fi community, I eagerly await a set of hd600s I have on the way from razordog audio. Now I have about 225$ to spend on driving it, that is, with both a proper dac and amp. I'd prefer new, but don't mind buying used if it will keep me in my price range. I've been looking at the Schiit Magni+Modi stack, as well as the o2+odac stack which are said to be very similar in sound. I've heard of a few audio-gd dac/amp combos and seen some in the for sale section of the forum and wondered about those. Just recently I came across the thread about the Aune T1, a tube dac/amp. I've never used a tube amp but the idea of rolling tubes seems awesome to me. Any opinions from first hand users?

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hello head-fi community, I eagerly await a set of hd600s I have on the way from razordog audio. Now I have about 225$ to spend on driving it, that is, with both a proper dac and amp. I'd prefer new, but don't mind buying used if it will keep me in my price range. I've been looking at the Schiit Magni+Modi stack, as well as the o2+odac stack which are said to be very similar in sound. I've heard of a few audio-gd dac/amp combos and seen some in the for sale section of the forum and wondered about those. Just recently I came across the thread about the Aune T1, a tube dac/amp. I've never used a tube amp but the idea of rolling tubes seems awesome to me. Any opinions from first hand users?

O2/ODAC or the Schiit stack, people say the schiit stack because it is cheaper. I'm a Schiit fan, they make great products and have exceptional customer service. Get the Schiit stack and don't look back!

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 5
yea after re-thinking it I've decided that schiit stack probably the way to go. Maybe down the line ill try out a tube amp.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 5
I have a fiio e10 and now I'm wondering if maybe I should just get the magni first and then maybe upgrade to a better dac than the modi when i save a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back