Best way to clean ears?
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #46 of 58
Quote:
my parents, who are doctors, recommend to not use q tips or the little plastic spoon thing
i used to use the spoon thing but they said it can irritate your ears and cause ear infections easier so i dont use them anymore
what they do that they fill a huge metal syringe with warm water and then flush out my ears and all the wax spurts out 

This is what doctors do as well.  It's called irrigating your ears.  Do not use Q-Tips...  Plastic and metal spoons can scratch your earcanal's skin.  this is what leads to infections.  It creates little crevices and openings for bacteria to get in. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #47 of 58
Quote:
Nice write up. I wish someone had told me about using the cold peroxide. I put the peroxide in my ear without warming it up first, and I got so dizzy that nearly faceplanted. It definitely wasn't pleasant.

LOL.

Same thing happens with cold anything that far in the ear canal.

Think tea cup rides x1000 speed wise. It is a very unpleasant feeling. Not even being "drunk" can aproach that feeling.

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #48 of 58
Quote:
I use a little spoon thing to clean my ears.

Quote:

+1, though that's only for daily cleaning.  Once a month I do this thing where you pour a solution in your ear and then rinse it out.  And once a year every Head-Fier should visit an ENT to get a decent cleaning.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #49 of 58
There's a better, more thorough way to clean your ears:

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

+1, though that's only for daily cleaning.  Once a month I do this thing where you pour a solution in your ear and then rinse it out.  And once a year every Head-Fier should visit an ENT to get a decent cleaning.

It's not ever recommended that you shove any solid object into your ear.  Especially a plastic/metal spoon that can scratch your delicate skin...  Just a warning.

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #51 of 58
Hello... sorry for the up, but it's a very interesting thread.
What about ear cones !? Anyone have tried !?
I already done once, some years ago, and it has removed a ton of garbage...

http://www.peak-nutrition.co.uk/otosan_ear_cones.htm

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #52 of 58
I've wanted to try thoughs for awhile but I'll stick to my Q-tips and peroxide.  When I use the peroxide it gets quite a bit out and I always think I hear just a little bit better after but I think that's just kinda a placebo effect.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #53 of 58
I used to use Q-tips, and I impacted hard earwax against my eardrum that the audiologist couldn't get out. No need to mention I couldn't hear correctly. Audiologist put me on a treatment of Debrox, and after about a week, the giant slug slipped right out huge and nasty and cool. 

Don't put hard objects in your ears, like Q-tips. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #54 of 58
Quote:
I used to use Q-tips, and I impacted hard earwax against my eardrum that the audiologist couldn't get out. No need to mention I couldn't hear correctly. Audiologist put me on a treatment of Debrox, and after about a week, the giant slug slipped right out huge and nasty and cool. 

Don't put hard objects in your ears, like Q-tips. 

I know its not good to use them but I don't go very deep at all to avoid that situation, I use them after I shower but I only go about 1/4 inch just enough to clean the area the IEM tips are and use the peroxide to clean out my ears.

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #55 of 58
I produce a large amount of wax.  To keep my IEM's from clogging, I use two things.  Comply foam Tx series tips with wax guard, and this.

Fill your sink with warm water, fill the syringe with water, hang your head over the sink and squirt away.  Cleans things out, no need to go to the doctor, and is very effective.

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Fill your sink with warm water, fill the syringe with water, hang your head over the sink and squirt away.  Cleans things out, no need to go to the doctor, and is very effective.

I have a kit like that.  Mine also comes with a de-waxing solution.

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #57 of 58
I produce a large amount of wax.  To keep my IEM's from clogging, I use two things.  Comply foam Tx series tips with wax guard, and this.

Where is a convenient site or location to buy this? And this has been quite the interesting thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back