Best way to carry PK1s (or any buds for that matter)?
Apr 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #31 of 45
Apr 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by numba1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
never stored any headphone in any case..Why? Case sucks.

It's only to carry or to store in the house, I have a Cat that can chew about $500 in headphones per minute... That is
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #36 of 45
IDK, the Altoids can looks too small to me -- too much bend/pressure on the jack.

I use the case that cheap Sony MDR-E828 (or similar) earbuds comes in. Perfect fit and compact.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #37 of 45
I have some Audio Technica clip-ons, and their retractable cable is brilliant. I wish you could get something similar but in reverse.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #38 of 45
after trying a few cases, i found the stock yuin case to be the best fit for me.
it small and doesn't take extra space in my bag, and after couple of times you get used to get the pk2's in it.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after trying a few cases, i found the stock yuin case to be the best fit for me.
it small and doesn't take extra space in my bag, and after couple of times you get used to get the pk2's in it.

Stock Yuin case? Can you post a picture?

All I got was a wood box (MDF with cherry veneer) and a film canister to put the 'phones in.

The film canister offers good protection but you have to pack the 'phones in pretty tight.

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All I got was a wood box (MDF with cherry veneer) and a film canister to put the 'phones in.

The film canister offers good protection but you have to pack the 'phones in pretty tight.

i was taliking about that film canister. you just need to roll the cable tight and it's fine. also, the top of the canister is a little taller than the canister itself so no worries that it will close up on them. I prefer it upon the shure case.

Jul 22, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #42 of 45
I bought these in a truck stop for $3 just to take off the little rubber pads on the earbuds to make my Yuins stay in my ears better and got the nifty little carrying case with them. The case opens up and you can roll the cable around the center support and they fit in the case. Usually, I just stick the speaker part in the case and leave the cable out unless I'm travelling with them. They are jwin model jh-e16 (avail on amazon and other places)

digitalgiftstore_2062_71819083

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #43 of 45
I'm using some zippered sunglasses case.

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #44 of 45
I've upgraded to the Sony winding case hat comes w/ the $10 earbuds. It is hte perfect case for my OK1. Even f I did set aside the Sony earbuds.
http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/tainghe_com_vn/EAR%20PHONE/SonyMDR-E828LP.jpg

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #45 of 45

I think using the wood box is a little better than that canister.  The thing that worries me about the canister is the cable breaking at the earbud.  It's just too packed in there.  I actually use the tin my S4's came in.  You can get a similar tin at a convenience store that has candy in it or something similar. 
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i was taliking about that film canister. you just need to roll the cable tight and it's fine. also, the top of the canister is a little taller than the canister itself so no worries that it will close up on them. I prefer it upon the shure case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back