Best way to carry PK1s (or any buds for that matter)?
Feb 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 45
I have a Shure case but personally don't think much of it... Well, at least the Shure's themselves don't fit that well.

The basic design is right though.

Feb 21, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #17 of 45
I have been using an Etymotic pouch, it sells for $6 or so.

OK1back.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The clear plastic case that comes with Scotch 3M electrical tape is perfect for the PK-1's.

Shop 3M: Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, 3/4 in x 20 ft (19 mm x 6.1 m)

I second this.
wink.gif

It proves to be a good container for many things from electronics, household, and garage (change, batteries, screws, conncectors, op-amps, small interconnects, etc.). Small enough to fit in pockets, firm enough to provide "crush" protection, and stackable.

It is the universal case that more or less costs nothing. Everybody needs electrical tape.
biggrin.gif
It is like duct tape, you can't live without it.

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been using an Etymotic pouch, it sells for $6 or so.

OK1back.jpg

I like this case.

There a numerous one other there web site. Even a hard pastic one. I can not get any details or even a good detail picture. Do you know which one you have?

How wide is it at the widest part?
How high does it sit?
Does have any "crush" protection?

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #22 of 45
I'm tempted to sew some wiring into a jacket or something. Starting from inside a pocket and exiting somewhere near the lapel.

Not sure what to put on the end, either a socket or a plug. A retractable plug might be nice for my ATs that have a socket.

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #25 of 45
Looks interesting, if a bit tight.

I have been using some cheap Audio Technica over ear clip-ons recently, just for listening to audio books on the go. They have a very thin retractable cable and are absolutely perfect for mobile listening.

Mar 15, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #26 of 45
I have one of those SendStation items for carrying around a pair of Denon AH-C700. The plastic piece on the inside for winding up the cord is glued in but can be removed. I have to do this for the C700s, but it works out fine. SendStation lists on their website what is known to fit.

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 45
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #29 of 45
Hey, guys, what would you go WAAAYY overhead in protection? This is just plastic earbuds, I mean, what could possibly happen to them?
Just throw them in your pocket wrapped around ipod.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #30 of 45
They are rather expensive to just throw in a pocket, and even if the plastic is robust you can pull the cable out or drop and step on them etc. Come to that, you could even just drop and loose them during a busy commute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back