Best volume setting for music player
Jun 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hardRocker1423

New Head-Fier
Currently, I am running my headphones (He-500) from an O2/Modi stack via USB from my Macbook, using the music player Vox. I was wondering what was the best volume setting to set vox on, as I have found it does affect the sound. Also, on full volume setting from Vox, I have to set my O2 to nearly the lowest volume. Another peculiar thing I have noticed, is that if I turn the Vox to full volume, then use the high gain setting on the O2, it results in massive distortion. My question is that, would the headphones sound better with low volume from the player, but high amp volume, or high source volume and low amp volume. I normally run it on the former, but the question was burning inside my head, so I had to get an answer. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm guessing if you set all the volume controls on the Mac/Vox to around 75%, that might help eliminate the distortion.
or find the maximum volume setting with the Mac/Vox that does not cause distortion.

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 3
It happens the same on itunes. If you put max volume gets distortion.

I think its better to let a dedicated amp to amp the sound, rather than a source progam. And I would put the source volume to the middle, because amp a minimum source volume must not be good too...

But I'm also interested in knowing other reviews, because I also had the same dilemma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back