Best Value Tube Amps
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

potatoe94

100+ Head-Fier
Hello , i wish to invest in a tube amp which is has excellent value for performance , tubes have to be rollable , as i am using a Beyer T90 , my iFi iCAN Nano amp starts to sound alittle piercing on some music . Hence , i would like to have some suggestions regarding this , and hopefully people with the same headphone :)

Im living in Singapore , and simply put it , everything is expensive here , so im looking for something that is about US$200 .

Appreciated , & thank you all in advance !

:)

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 5
You can't go wrong with Little Dot amps. I have the MKII and its fantastic. All little dots have great tube roll ability. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm a fan of the Little Dot amps. I used to play them in my house with a cheap but good set of plastic headphones and it was so much fun! Yeah, you can upgrade to better gear but with some budget headphones, the Little Dot will  still sound nice.

Another route that I recommend is DIY. It can be incredibly rewarding and lots of fun. 

May 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 5
There is a nice tube thread here, showing available tube amps across the entire spectrum. Perhaps not a lot of candidates around the $200-mark, but you wouldn't have to increase the budget a lot to have a bit more to choose from.

May 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Its alright , i got the iFi iTube , with the iFi iCAN Nano & iFi iDSD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back