Best Value Hifiman HE-400 Cable
Dec 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fiyace

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

My stock cables have broken and I am looking for a replacement pair. I have done some searches for after-market cable upgrades (cuz why not upgrade?) and come across what seem like the standard Hifiman cables (i.e. Toxic cables). However, there are many offerings / discussion about DIY cables. I sort of understand what makes a cable "better" than another, but don't know their sonic differences and don't wish to make my own.

To that end, can anyone recommend a ready-to-use cable to pair with my HE-400s for <$100? If there is any noticeable sound quality differences in cables, looking for something that synergizes with electronic music.

Potential Cable:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-headphone-cable-for-portable-audio-devises-4ft-6ft-Custom-made-/221303914059
- the one I'm most considering, but am worried that the home-made cable will be broken / flawed and I won't know how to fix it 
- also, the seller says there is some room for changing the cable parts - any recommendations on deviations?

Thanks as always, and I really appreciate the community's advice.

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 2
BTG audio has the cheapest custom cables that I'm aware of. Check out the budget line. I don't know if they sound any different than the stock cables; I wouldn't really expect it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back