Best V-shaped IEMs for ~$150?
Mar 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #16 of 32

Quote:
TF10 is definately not neutral...  a quiet sizable dip in the mids... I'd say try them out first because you might be one of those who gets perfect fit. JVC FX500... I don't think there is any US distributor... those importing sites might be the only way to go, or you can start up a Classified in the trade forum and get luck with it if you don't mind used IEMs.

And what if I'm not? It's not like I can easily return them with 100% money back. Most sites have a restocking fee. Normally I wouldn't be concerned over that kind of thing but I've seen a lot of complaints about the fitting of the TF10s.

Quote:
For FX500, you can visit Bluetin Japan, they have them on stock (as well as FX700) and they're a respectable seller.

As expected the shipping costs are high for such a small, lightweight item.

I'm also considering the ATH CKM77 which seem to be available on buy.com for a modest price. I've been told the bass isn't particularly powerful but anyone care to comment on that?

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 32
try them out from those who have it or local audio store. And if neither is available, there is always amazon~ as long as you are not buying them for the sole purpose of returning them.. Although I don't think amazon has the option of returning because you are unsatisfied, but I sure people do that all the time. Although the action sounds horrible, but you got to do what you have to get the best choice right?

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #18 of 32
 I think the fit issue is exaggerated a little. You will only have any issues if you have smaller ears, my ears are medium sized, no issues at all. You could always flip-mod them which I have tried and works well.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #21 of 32
They are discontinued by UE I suppose. But there are plenty of distributors who have thousands in inventory. I really don't have any idea if IEMs can be demoed, but it's hard to imagine they can't. I suppose they will allow you to do so if you ask them. pretty sure they can be wiped clean using disinfecting wipes in seconds...

Hmm.... now.. fraud just made it sound even worse than what I discribed...

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #23 of 32
no? I thought UE took the TF10 site off.... am I imagining things now?

By the way... UE China is selling TF15... if I remember correctly.. exactly the same as TF10 three drivers, 2 cross-over, even looks identical to TF10...

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #24 of 32

Quote:
no? I thought UE took the TF10 site off.... am I imagining things now?

By the way... UE China is selling TF15... if I remember correctly.. exactly the same as TF10 three drivers, 2 cross-over, even looks identical to TF10...

The TF10 is still on Logitechs site. It says out of stock, but still says you can place an order and they will ship when they come in. I dont know for sure if the order process goes through though.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #25 of 32
Well... Before I get the TF10

Can anyone seriously tell me more about the FX500 and CKM77?

Okay so it's coming down to the TF10 or the FX500. I've heard the FX500 has some less than desirable cables. Anyone know if they fixed this? It'd be particularly hard to get a pair of these replaced since I'd have to get them from an importer site

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
I have a question about the third party cables for the TF10. So apparently these cables can enhance the sound quality or change the sound signature right?

I know I'm gonna get my head bitten off for it but no they don't. It's all placebo and people like to find little ways to justify them spending $100-$300 on a cable that has a more colourful sheath than a $20-$50 pair.

It's modern day snake oil peddling for companies to sell grossly marked up products while tricking consumers into thinking that any extra value is being generated from spending so much more on a piece of wire.

If you don't believe me then see this ridiculous clap-trap.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/176-7887221-8251136

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #28 of 32

Quote:

I know I'm gonna get my head bitten off for it but no they don't. It's all placebo and people like to find little ways to justify them spending $100-$300 on a cable that has a more colourful sheath than a $20-$50 pair.

It's modern day snake oil peddling for companies to sell grossly marked up products while tricking consumers into thinking that any extra value is being generated from spending so much more on a piece of wire.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/176-7887221-8251136

Huh... Well the cables are probably to expensive to justify anyway. Most of them rival the cost of the TF10 itself. I think I'll just grab the FX500s. I know it's V-shaped, but the vocals should still be fine right? Treble and bass aren't overwhelming?

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #29 of 32
Well I have that cheap Fiio cable and it without question sounds different. I still have the included cable as well and have compared them, so it's not like I'm going off of distant memory or something.

Quote:

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #30 of 32

Quote:
I have a question about the third party cables for the TF10. So apparently these cables can enhance the sound quality or change the sound signature right?

I personally didnt buy the FiiO cable because I expected a change in sound. Its just so much better than the stock cable in every other way that if someone says it sounds better, then good for them. Its worth it just for the build quality and the fact it doesnt tangle like the stock cable does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back